Mobo for i5 2500k

XamediX

2[H]4U
Hey i5 2500k owners. Let me know what board you are using with your cpu.

I'm looking to spend < $200 but I would like to see what everyone is rocking with regardless. Hopefully I want to OC as high as I can using the stock heatsink.

So far I have nabbed these from fellow [H]'s sig's in the thread for [H]'s review on the 2500k:
Gigabyte P67A-UD4
ASUS P8P67 Pro
ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme-Z
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
Asus WS Revolution
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Asus Maximus Extreme IV
MSI P67A-G43
msi p67a gd55
ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
SUS P8P P67 Deluxe

Last edited:
I've personally been looking at the Asrock p67 extreme 4 coupled with a 2500k and a h80. hoping I can get a decent overclock with it.

I pulled the trigger on the MSi z68a-GD65 G3. [H] did a review of the board and it was ranked among the best for stability in overclocking, so it was hard to pass up. If you're concerned about the price, I think there's still a $30 MIR going on the board too.

I haven't had time to try my own OC's yet, but everything is running great stock for now.

EDIT: [H] review here.

Love the Gigabyte Z68x-UD3H-B3 . Great all around board. Overclocked just fine as well. Got my 2500k up to 5516mhz.
Great deal at micro center if you but together.

Just got the MSI P67A GD45 yesterday from Tiger Direct. It has the [H] Gold Award logo on the box. :cool:

Yah, I ended up with a P8P67-M Pro board due to a great price. But It doesn't have PCI slots. =( So I will prolly go with an MSI board since I'm sick of Asus's horrid support and website and I had a lackluster experience support wise with my gigabyte video card so I'm not messing with them either.

Unless... Does anyone know of an equivalent soundcard to the Creative X-Fi Extreme Music that I have that supports PCI-E? I don't want to pay over $100.

I've personally been looking at the Asrock p67 extreme 4 coupled with a 2500k and a h80. hoping I can get a decent overclock with it.

Yeah, the extreme 4 or 6 looks REALLY promising.
edit- I was referring to the Z77 versions.

Back