• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Mobo ethernet problem

Joined
Oct 30, 2014
Messages
12
I've been using the motherboard just fine since last monday (only had it for a week :-( ). This morning when i turned on the system, i can't connect to the internet. Troubleshooting says "The Intel Ethernet Connection 1218 v adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems". I've tried updating and using older drivers, but the problem still persist. Is it hardware problem? Should i RMA? I really prefer not to RMA since it took too long and i'm gonna have to remove everything
 
Have you tried safe mode with networking?

Try booting a Ubuntu 14.10 ISO and see if it works.
 
What does the ubuntu do?

It will let you know if it is a software or a hardware issue.

If it is a software issue, then it will work just fine on the Ubuntu CD. If it is a hardware issue, it will still not work.
 
Back
Top