Mobo crapping out?

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I came home last night and find that my computer was sitting at the BIOS screen saying NTLDR was missing. I just hit the reset button and when it comes back up it says Missing Keyboard. So I look and my mouse doesnt even have power so I jiggle both USB cables but nogo. I have to insert it just right at the right angle and right speed just to get the mouse to show signs of life. With the keyboard being wireless this is impossible.

So I unpack the USB bracket that came with the mobo and plug them into it and it looks like its working. But then the mobo said it couldnt find my OS hard drive. So I undo all the cables and plug everything back in. Now its saying missing operating system. Now I have to hunt down my Windows disk and try to figure out my cd key as I dont have it written down on the disk like I used to. Im going to be pissed if I have to buy another copy of Windows just for a fucking cd key.

Do USB headers go bad that often? Are these things a sign of things to come? I dont see Windows just up and disappearing over a few hours. I just reformatted that system 2 weeks ago so thankfully there wasnt much on it.

Back