MobileME - Apple's WindowsME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
MobileME is still not up and running, despite Apple's announcement at 2am PST on July 9th that the service was coming up.

It's been an up and down rollercoaster for the service, and it's still not working.

Just imagine the headlines it will make if it's not working tomorrow when the iPhone's second coming happens...

Wow, it's less than 24 hours since it's supposed to be up and it's being compared to WindowsME? Seesh.

Also, you don't need MobileMe to have the iPhone, besides I am assuming not every iPhone user will spend $99 a year for MobileMe. I don't see it as a disaster of WindowsME magnitude.

I will be keeping an eye on this service since it touts to have everything I have ever asked for in this kind of service. Hopefully it can deliver so I can finally sync all my info.

I can't imagine the mindset you would have to be in to sign up for this stupid program. .Mac and MobileMe are two of the most pointless programs, and you have to pay a ludicrous fee! I'll stick to the bajillion free email providers, or hell, there are plenty of $5/month (that's $60!) corporate push email providers that do a better job for less money. I could give two shits about the web gallery (that gets broken when you view it with anything but safari).

How do you compare an online service to an operating system?
Is it because it has the word "Me" in it?

It's going to have ups and downs - there are a lot of .Mac subscribers who will be converting, plus numerous new accounts. Whenever something big happens on the internet, sites are bound to have stability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back