Mobile Web browser?

TechBoy

2[H]4U
So well, I got my real first crack at a windows mobile enabled phone this week end when I got my touch pro. I want to know other than the IE, opera mini, and Skyfire browsers are there any others out there? For me its been like this Skyfire>opera>IE. Well opera is faster than skyfire for me and zoom is better, but skyfire does full HTML so theres a trade off, IE just plain sucks. I want something that zooms easily and as fast as opera mini but does full html like skyfire.

Have you guys had any reliability issues with opera and connection consistency? IE is the worst but it always seems to work the most out of all the browsers I have tried, opera has trouble connecting a lot for me on my fuze, idk, skyfire is very fast, but the zooming could be better.

iris and opera mobile are the top dogs to me.

then its opera mini, pie6.1, skyfire (doesnt fully support vga yet, it does but the rendering is horrible on vga phones)

Opera mobile, Fennec will be out soon, and also look into UCWEB. It's a great little browser.

i dont know some of the browsers are real slow on mobile internet i don't have the patients for it sometimes and plus the phone company charge so high for it... i do appreciate the suggestions though i will have to look into it i tried it but it was way to slow
82(2).gif

i dont know some of the browsers are real slow on mobile internet i don't have the patients for it sometimes and plus the phone company charge so high for it... i do appreciate the suggestions though i will have to look into it i tried it but it was way to slow
82(2).gif

Well, I have 18% off my bill (company discount) so it was all too bad. Plus the Touch Pro's 3G on AT&T isnt bad at all I can load youtube video's with relative ease, its about as fast as a low end DSL connection. Only problem I have is that the browsers crash sometimes, and they zoom in really slow. Skyfire zooms in fast but is a pain because u have to tap the dumb screen and wait for the zoom icon to show up and tap on it again. While opera just double tap but takes for ever for the text to render correctly after zoom unlike skyfire. I think the 3G networks are way better than what I had with dial up Im sure its FiOS>Cable>DSL>3G>Dialup. If you cant wait verizon is pulling out 4G networks in 2010 which will theoretically be faster than cable. Just need more viable browsers and devices when that happens and we are good to go.

I have had some formatting issues with Opera but overall its faster and easier to use than IE is.

I have had some formatting issues with Opera but overall its faster and easier to use than IE is.

Agreed, have u tried the Skyfire beta? It does every page in Full HTML. Every website I tried works on it, just have to deal with the zooming.

Skyfire is amazing, i agree with TechBoy. i used it in my old blackjack2 and it worked great for me.

I've actually had issues with Opera rendering certain pages - some things wont display, certain links wont function. Leaving me to go to IE and use it because the pages work fine in it. :p I havent tried Skyfire but I think I will be soon ;)

Back