Mobile Qs

They can be upgraded to a point. Memory and hard drives can be upgraded, CPU's are a little more limited but many times can be, and video cards are far and few between.

In short nowhere near what a desktop can be.

{bmf}CrackSmoke said:
Are laptops just as easy to upgrade and modify as desktops?

they are EASIER, it took me 15 mins to build my laptop where as it took me 30 mins to get my desktop built (cables all folded neatly, etc)

barebone notebooks are highly upgradable, CPU, Ram, HDD, mini PCI, DVD Rom/RW/ETc, keyboard (replaceable), can be upgraded, the video cannot. but if you buy something like an ibook you void your warrenty once you pop the first screw out

on my asus the optical drive is actually hot swappable with another battery or HDD, the keyboard pops out with 2 screws and you can order replacement keyboards. the cpu is a synch to throw in, its a ZIF socket with a round screw thing instead of a lever to pop it out,

The one who says yes is talking about installing the parts and the two who say no are talking about how upgradable laptops are. You are fairly limited when it comes to upgrading a laptop whereas a desktop you can throw in any mobo you want (strictly ATX speaking).

Oh... I also say no.

Back