Mobile P4 in a desktop?

mETRo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
1,045
Just a general question as I am looking for a new processor for another build. Can I use a Mobile P4 processor in my desktop as long as it meets the FSB and Socket requirements of the mobo? Any information on this subject is much appreciated, thanks.
 
Awesome to know, guess I'll be using this P4 M processor on the next build.
 
I hear they default to a 12x multiplier in a desktop board though.
 
mETRo said:
Just a general question as I am looking for a new processor for another build. Can I use a Mobile P4 processor in my desktop as long as it meets the FSB and Socket requirements of the mobo? Any information on this subject is much appreciated, thanks.

Yes, just stay away from ASUS motherboards.

Peach said:
Yes. They overclock nicely too.
Depends on the stepping, B0 steppings only hit 2.4Ghz (200FSB)

Yiffy said:
I hear they default to a 12x multiplier in a desktop board though.

It's the truth, no matter how fast the chip is (1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, 2.4...etc) they all can ONLY use the 12x multiplier.
 
That's fine, I got a hell of a deal on this processor so it's all good.
 
Back
Top