• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

mobile or barton???

Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
33
I was just about to order a barton 2500+ system when I found out that the mobile barton could be tons better, but just a little bit more. I was just wondering how likely I am to get the fsb up to 400 so I can use my ram to full potential if I get the mobile barton. thanx!
p.s. right now, the fsb is 266
 
The mobile barton 2500+ are great overclockers and they come multiplier unlocked. Some people are getting 2.7ghz. Make sure your motherboard can support it first.
 
the mobo i plan on getting is the a7n8x deluxe, it says it supports bartons, but i can't see newhere if it supports the mobile????
 
2630.jpg



Yes, they are supported. :D
 
That's a mobile 2400+ on an A7N8X dlx. That's not prime stable though.
Will probably do that on a better board with more juice and better cooling.
Working on 12x200 @1.75V for everyday speeds.
 
Any reason why you are going for the asus?

The abit nf7-s and DFI infinity (awesome voltage options on the dfi) are better overclockers and cheaper.

I am running a mobile 2500 at 2.4ghz 1.75v on a DFI. Good combo.

Ive had it as high as 240fsb, could go more with a little juice.
 
I've had this board for a while. I do have the DFI Infinity in my sights as my next purchase though... :)

Seems to be the setup of choice for high FSB and good voltage options. Prob pick one up next week at some point.
 
Back
Top