• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mobile Barton upgrade (from regular 2800+ barton)

srage2k2

Gawd
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
936
I've got a barton 2800+ on an epox 8RDA+ board right now, decent corsair XMS memory. I've got that upgrade itch...

I've decided to finally get into water cooling. My question is this, should I just go out and pick up a mobile barton and keep using the 8rda+? Or should I grab a new Mobo/CPU combo and just put my existing stuff up on the FS/FT board?

If I should replace both, what would be the current 'dream setup' for mobo/cpu?

I've decided to go with dangerden parts most likely, but I've got more research to do as well.
 
how far do u have ur 2800 OCed?
is the upgrade really neccessary?

how much money do u have to spend?
 
The mobiles require less energy from the PSU, which means they run at lower temperatures.
 
My 2800+ at 2534 runs around 37 degrees, Pretty decent temp I have to say :). I don't think your upgrade is worth it
 
Originally posted by ST|FFY
how far do u have ur 2800 OCed?
is the upgrade really neccessary?

how much money do u have to spend?

The 2800 is actually at stock speeds at the moment. it just runs too hot with a low CFM fan, and I just can't handle the noise from anything bigger.

My WC kit is on its way, maybe I'll see what the 2800 can do with water cooling first.
 
for high fsb overclocks: mobile 2400+ and a dfi infinity nf2. just be careful installing the waterblock to make sure you don't crush any resistors on the mobo around the mounting holes.

i'd get just the mobile first, then get the infinity if the 8rda overclock doesn't do it for you. do you have the 8rda with the nf2 400 chipset or the earlier one? if it is the earlier one then your chances of a really good oc are pretty poor just because there isn't much chance you'll get it over 200fsb.
 
Back
Top