mobile 2500 prob?

CRaZy8

n00b
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
17
I just got a 2500+ mobile today in the mail. So i put it in my Abit NF7-S v2.0 and it booted fine. I started pushing it higher and higher. I have corsair pc2700 ram and got it up to a fsb of 215 before it started to crap out on me. So i lowered the fsb back down to 200 and then I thought I would lower the fsb a little and increase the multiplier of the cpu. Before I had it at a multiplier of 11. so i put it at a multiper of 13 and the fsb at 180 at a voltage of 2.0 Then it wouldn't boot so i reset the cmos and nothing. I even disconnected the battery and the mobo power and the power supply and waited for a couple of hours. Still nothing. That is why i am talking right now. I do not know what to do. I don't think the problem is the ram because i just put in my friend's stick of geil pc3500. I also tested the system with that memory and my old palamino athlon 2100+. Still nothing. I have a 9800xt, which I'm sure is not the problem.

If any of you have the NF7-S you know that there are 2 beeps at the beginning and that one is long and kind of a lower tone than the 2nd beep which is higher pitched and shorter. I do not get these 2 beeps at all.

I'm so mad right now. I had it running fine at like 2500mhz. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
do you have another athlon you can try in the nf7-s? or another motherboard you can try the mobile in?
 
I've tried another athlon in the mobo. I am going to try the mobile in another mobo in a little bit.
 
Always the chance that the "save" of that last setting change fk'd up the bios. Some of the data is actually stored in the flashrom, not cmos.... a scary situation, leading me to get a BIOS SAVIOR. I luv it, and $26 cheap insurance.

Where did you get the mobile chip? Did you get a chance to test 200x12.5? Im looking forward to 225x11 at a decent voltage. My baby dont go over 2.3gig very far without anger... regardless of Vcore. On air.
 
reset the cmos bascially. Also the chip most likely cant do a 13 multi, normal athlons are only unlocked from 6-12.5 and 13- 16
 
so i put it at a multiper of 13 and the fsb at 180 at a voltage of 2.0

You put the vcore up to 2.0v??

Isn't that a wee bit high for a mobile barton? considering they're stock at 1.45...
 
Ia gree, what heatsink/fan are you using adn what thermal goop?
2.0V is extremely high for that mobile unless you got water+ cooling.
 
Sorry, maybe a n00b question here, but what's up with people using a mobile 2500+ in a desktop motherboard? :confused:
 
I have the thermaltake subzero 4g cooling the cpu and it kept the mobile 2500 at 1.9 volts at 36C. So i don't think it was a cooling issue.

O and i was running it at 200x12.5 stable not sure what voltage though I forgot lol. I don't think I was running it as high.
 
uwackme I think ur right I think it might be that my bios got corrupted. I'm getting one of those bios saving kits or whatever and see where I can go from there.

And I don't think 2v was a lot to put through it because i was hearing about some guys pushing it even further with a prometius and watercooling.

I would say that my subzero4g is adequate to a watercooling setup especially at full power.
 
Originally posted by Pixeleet
Sorry, maybe a n00b question here, but what's up with people using a mobile 2500+ in a desktop motherboard? :confused:

It gives you greater voltage headroom, unlocked multipliers, and greater heat tolerance.
 
Back
Top