Mobile 2400+ barton?

Originally posted by Cardboard Hammer
2V is showing in the bottom middle of the pic.

according to the sensor, it's running 2.048V.

I set to 2.06V in the bios, and it fluctuates from 2.08V to 2.04V

Well I just ordered one of the 2500+ from newegg, they are now out of stock and price went up $10 :eek:

I'm thinking its going to be my motherboard thats holding me back here lol. If Socket A wasnt dead I would for surely be getting a DFI LanParty B hehe.

Originally posted by Drisler
No, it's NOT.

most agreed. ive run over 3.7v in my bh5, its fine. 3.3 is fine for everyday use with bh5. the stuff is really tough. it loves voltage. it just keeps scaling. give it 4.1v and youll get like 310fsb 2-2-2-5. lol.. the stuff truely amazing.

new chip, heres some tests and stuff:

strange stepping, check after the week, only 3 letter string, instead of 4.. strange.
stepping3.jpg

seems stable here.
gcs0023.jpg

to show voltages.
gcs0022.jpg

164watts!! on air!!! :eek:
gcs0025.jpg

at 11x240, bandwidth:
gcs0027.jpg

11x240 arithmatic sandra test. i broke 10k.
gcs0026.jpg

close to top speed with 1.96-1.98v
gcs0028.jpg

well the stupid image tags dont seem to work, youll have to click the links.. sorry.

Originally posted by Evil_Spork
most agreed. ive run over 3.7v in my bh5, its fine. 3.3 is fine for everyday use with bh5. the stuff is really tough. it loves voltage. it just keeps scaling. give it 4.1v and youll get like 310fsb 2-2-2-5. lol.. the stuff truely amazing.

or possibly even 2-2-2-6!

(hint: its better)

Originally posted by kronchev
or possibly even 2-2-2-6!

(hint: its better)

actually 2-2-2-5 woudl be faster, the tRas rule is,

RAS precharge + RAS to CAS delay +1, so, 2+2+1 = 5, thus making 5 teh fastest possible setting.

the tRas of 11 being fast is a strange anomoly with the NForce2 chipset when using dual channel. normally 2-2-2-5 is the fastest one can get.

nice OC spork.
Hopfully ill be able to get near that or slightly above it with both my twinx xms 4000pro and my water cooling...hopfully more will come lol we shall see tho...it should be here today

actually 2-2-2-5 woudl be faster, the tRas rule is,

RAS precharge + RAS to CAS delay +1, so, 2+2+1 = 5, thus making 5 teh fastest possible setting.

the tRas of 11 being fast is a strange anomoly with the NForce2 chipset when using dual channel. normally 2-2-2-5 is the fastest one can get.

ah crap, i thought it was +2 not +1. i lose.

Originally posted by kronchev
ah crap, i thought it was +2 not +1. i lose.

It is +2 not +1. But apparently the Intel chipsets now like 2-2-2-5 better. It's the same thing as the nForce2 liking 2-2-2-11 better. By rule it should be 2-2-2-6, but it almost never happens.

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
nice OC spork.
Hopfully ill be able to get near that or slightly above it with both my twinx xms 4000pro and my water cooling...hopfully more will come lol we shall see tho...it should be here today

PC 4000 ram in an AMD will suck pretty badly.. sorry to say. it SOUNDS good, but hynix D43 chips hate tight timings no matter how much voltage you cram into them. unless you have some strange chips you wont be able to get 2-2-2-11 out of that ram no matter what. put those in with a 2.8c and your set.

Originally posted by DaveX
It is +2 not +1. But apparently the Intel chipsets now like 2-2-2-5 better. It's the same thing as the nForce2 liking 2-2-2-11 better. By rule it should be 2-2-2-6, but it almost never happens.

:confused: Should I be running 2.5-3-3-11, instead of 2.5-3-3-7?

specs in sig

11 might help some in dual channel. 11 is a tiny bit faster than 5 for me. so 7 to 11 should give you a decent jump in speed. give it a shot, cant hurt!

I've been reading these posts on 2500+ mobile XPs, it's interesting to see people with 2.7Ghz oc's with air cooling. I currently have a desktop 2500+ running at 2.4GHz 12 x 200 @ 1.95v prime stable on air cooling. Is it really worth my time and cash to buy another XP cpu that "may" better my current CPU buy 200Mhz?? I want garrenties here! I'm also surprised due to the nature of this CPU that some of you have it running at only 2.3Ghz???

BTW its summer in Australia now and every day is 30-35C ambient, the old desktop XP still pulls 2.4 stable, actually I only got this guy a month ago, it hasn't seen winter yet :D

PC 4000 ram in an AMD will suck pretty badly.. sorry to say. it SOUNDS good, but hynix D43 chips hate tight timings no matter how much voltage you cram into them. unless you have some strange chips you wont be able to get 2-2-2-11 out of that ram no matter what. put those in with a 2.8c and your set.

im not interested in tight timings...so for me it doesnt suck.
i havent ran anything at cas2 in the longest time man...it doesnt bother me one bit.
now my mobile 2500+ has come in and man im disappointed....the thing wont do 2.5ghz no matter what voltage i throw at it..and the bitch wont do anything faster than 200mhz FSB...at 202FSB it wont boot no matter what voltage is tossed thru it or the chipset...ill try a 2400+ mobile barton next payday.
since it is wrong to try and RMA this thing because it wont oc.

Originally posted by GlenAlex
I've been reading these posts on 2500+ mobile XPs, it's interesting to see people with 2.7Ghz oc's with air cooling.

Mostly watercooling, I have yet to see more than 2 people get past 2.7gHz with air.

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
im not interested in tight timings...so for me it doesnt suck.

AMD is not like Intel...while Intel chip architecutre feeds off raw memory bandwidth, AMD chip architecture feeds off low latency.

It could be your motherboard limiting your oc.

Originally posted by Infinite[TT]
Assassin, what board are you running? A7N8X Deluxe perhaps?

NF7-S rev2

Originally posted by DaveX
AMD is not like Intel...while Intel chip architecutre feeds off raw memory bandwidth, AMD chip architecture feeds off low latency.

It could be your motherboard limiting your oc.

I know an AMD platform does not perform like an intel platform..but like i said imnot going for low timings..if i was i would have got some mushkin 3500 lvl2 man.

Back