moar D

Patriot

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2011/June 2013/De
dual G34 rig coming online sometime this week...

the ppd increase is not going to be insane...
as I will be taking low clocked ES that I have salvaged (they are already folding)
And overclocking them...

I need to cool these guys...
I will be starting by playing with a 2.2ghz 12 core and plan to move to the two 1.7ghz 12 cores...

I don't want to kill my ppd while I figure out how to overclock these puppies...
since this is tx and I don't have a basement.... these needs to be quiet so I can sleep...
water or quiet fan...

I could also use some help for making or buying a SSI EEB backplate...

Last edited:
um those new noctua G34 heatsinks are suppose to be pretty good,.

I've got ( and love ) a pair of Noctura NH-U12DO's on my C32's - barely hear them.

H.

I think I want a G34 board now. I just need to get an extra spicy cpu before I start board hunting.

Dumb question, how are you overclocking these? :)

AMD ES cpus have unlocked multipliers

which I still probably can't mess with in the bios... if I can... that makes it easy...

there are a couple of tools that can change the c32 chips multi... should work on the G34 as well

thats why I am gonna start by messing with the single chip... figure out OC and figure out cooling... have some 2u hs that I will try...

looks like noctuas would cost ~$150
I might look into 10e's wc setup....

just went and checked last power bill from the rents... 6.34c/kwh so I can add that to my tab based on how many watts more I will be drawing...

Last edited:
Shop around for the Nocturas - I got mine for almost 1/2 the price NewEgg was charging. Mine were from CoolerGuys - but they don't seem to have the G34 model.

H.

Shop around for the Nocturas - I got mine for almost 1/2 the price NewEgg was charging. Mine were from CoolerGuys - but they don't seem to have the G34 model.

H.

$70-80 seems to be the going rate for the G34 model...

I could also use some help for making or buying a SSI EEB backplate...

I am currently thinking

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._PlexiNickel_Sockets_754_940_AM2_AM2_AM3.html

+
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_-HOT.html

+ 240 swiftech rad I have sitting round
will take some custom adapters to fit onto the board but it can be done...

~$170

that would put the total build at 690 over what I have on hand...

I will be starting with an air cooler on a 2.2ghz 12 core extra spicy
when I figure out how to tame/oc the beast I will order the parts for the wc kit and get read to swap to 2 x 1.7ghz 12 cores (65w) lots of headroom to pop those ExtraSpicy cpus up to...

If anyone can find those parts for cheaper....Please let me know...

I got some Noctua's from frozencpu.com.

The where the D9 version and I'm quite happy with them.

Back