• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MMORPG

Tha_Godfather

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
187
im lookin for a MMORPG something-kinda like EVE. but a little more ancient?and no Sci-Fi? im playin WoW right now and i think its kinda lame. all u do is quests,level up, battlegrounds,get gears etc etc..i want a game where u can do watever u want and death is a real problem, where if u get kill by someone they can take ur shit and leave wid it . yaddida mean?
 
Just about every MMO consists of questing, leveling up, and getting gear. In fact, that's the basic foundation for the entire genre. I don't know of any quality or big name MMOs where you can do whatever you want, but it's unlikely you'll find a decent game that meets your specifications.
 
the only thing can can come even remotely close would be Diablo on hard core mode.
 
dotK said:
Just about every MMO consists of questing, leveling up, and getting gear. In fact, that's the basic foundation for the entire genre. I don't know of any quality or big name MMOs where you can do whatever you want, but it's unlikely you'll find a decent game that meets your specifications.

Haha, you have given up and accepted the mold that the shitty games out there make you play?



Darkfall Online.
Is the answer. The way a mmorpg game was MEANT to be. Beta should start towards the end of the year. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE OP WANTS.

It's taken the best from UO (oldschool), ShadowBane, AC, etc. No level/experience bullshit, no grinding for items that make or break you. No more depending on your leet uber great armor/weps to make you something. It will be a combo of FPS/TPV.

Kingdom building...pretty much ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO, you can do it. There is none of that cookie-cutter class crap. There will be close to 500 skills that you can pick from to come up with a 100% custom char template. Hell, they even have a great ship/water aspect implemented into the game so you can become a pirate/trader/etc. They are doing great stuff like limited transportation so you can't just gate/recall anywhere. Trading routes will actually mean something. Getting your warparty together to siege a kingdom will actually mean something...

And best of all its, 100% FFA. Full loot, no safezones (playermade "safer" zones ofcourse though).

It'll be great. It's not for people who depend on their gear for wins, or the people that want to keep all of their stuff even when they die. Lots of people out there will think it's "too hard" or w/e, but there are LOTS of us who will play this game.

Some will call "vaporware." Because they think it should be out by now...but the Devs don't want to put out a game with loads of bugs --Shadowbane for example.
 
Cousin Patty said:
why are you talking like that? :confused:


lol my fault... i meant to say "i guess im going to give EVE a try"



DarkFallFan where u goto find that game? ? looks cool
 
I want DarkFall! I have played a couple games where you could be ganked everywhere and lose your gear. They were the most intense thing. I remember getting scared and running to my base and logging off and being too scared to log on for the rest of the day!
 
Tha_Godfather said:
yeah i play on Shadow Moon server


den i think imma give eve a try....

awesome I play on that sever also.

But really WoW and EvE are probly best your gonna get out of MMORPG for awhile till something else comes out.
 
Tha_Godfather said:
lol my fault... i meant to say "i guess im going to give EVE a try"



DarkFallFan where u goto find that game? ? looks cool

www.darkfallonline.com

The screenshots on the website aren't the recent ones, but it gives you an idea.
The website isn't the best, but check out the forums. That's where you will find the updates, videos, screenshots, etc.

As far as ganking goes...yeah, it will happen. However, if you and your parter or w/e win...THINK OF ALL THAT LOOT YOU WILL GET lol. This is not a game that forces you to always be in a group though. Lonewolf type players will still be able to hang alot of the time. This game is focused around kingdom building though but you definately don't need to-to still have fun.

And as far as losing all of your gear...well. When you haven't spent HOURS grinding for your pretty colored stuff, it won't hurt as much when you lose it. Don't get me wrong, there will definately be some nice armor/weps/items/etc, but I believe everything is 100% craftable by players. You might need to fight dragons (supposedly these are the real deal and won't be soloable like ancient wyrms in UO) to get rare items that you can implement into armor/weps...but it won't be nearly as item intensive as these grind fests that are on the market.

The criticisms that you will hear for this game are:

1) It's too "hardcore" and won't be fun. If you are used to other games with little risk v reward, you might not like it. I'm far from being a hardcore pk, but this game is sooooooo much more than just a FFA pvp game. You could still be successful being a crafter or w/e and never fighting another player.

2) "It's vaporware." Far from the truth imo. The devs are a small group compared to other games like WoW for example...but they are without a doubt focused and serious about this game.
 
You are saying some pretty amazing things about that game, considering it hasn't even reached beta yet... for all we know, it could suck royally.
 
Karafias said:
You are saying some pretty amazing things about that game, considering it hasn't even reached beta yet... for all we know, it could suck royally.

I know, but I doubt it. The devs are just like us. They played AC, UO, Eve, Shadowbane. They know what makes a game good and what makes a game boring. It only sounds amazing b/c the big companies know they won't get 8 million people to subscribe to their game when it is ffa, etc.

I sound like a fan boi (why does "fan boi" turn into "!!!!" hmm) :( but I'm not heh. I haven't gamed in 2-3 years since I quit UO once it turned to shit. As soon as this game hits beta and looks promising I plan to lay down plenty of $$$ for a new computer. I'm defiantely not one for blind faith either. For me, it's either Darkfall comes out and is what it was said to be and I drop 2k plus on a new rig (don't need to but I want to enjoy every aspect of it). Or it turns out to be not as great and I don't buy a new rig and don't get back into gaming until a mmorpg like this comes out.

People can label me a "fan boi" for all I care...when the game gets out you all will see lol.
 
Back
Top