• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

MLPPP + Router Help

onin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
196
Ok network gurus, I have this little puzzle. forgive me If I get some of the terms wrong, Im a bit of a noob.

Heres what I have :
4 x DSL modems connected to a MLPPP (TP Link) router set up by an ISP. Its using OpenWRT.

8 External IP addreses from ISP

Zyxel USG 20 I wanted to use as a router and QoS.

a switch

----------------------------------------------------

Now the way I connect the zyxel to the internet is to type in one of the static IPs given by the ISP on my WAN settings...

This is what I wanted to happen, I have 2 servers - they are connected to the Zyxel. I want to bind 2 of the External IP addresses to each server.

So basically if somebody tries access that IP address externally, It will forward me to that server.

How should I do this? NAT ? Vlan etc?

Thanks in advance, if you need more info please let me know.
 
1-to-1 NAT from the public IP to the private IP is best, but I'm not sure how that's done on OpenWRT.

You might just be able to set up a port forward. Just forward the ports you're going to be using externally from the public IP to the private IP.
 
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to use the MLPPP router as a "modem" and do all the routing work on the zyxel. I will try one to one NAT. Thanks
 
Try reading this first: http://www.zyxel.se/upload/doc/support/usg/ZyWALL USG-series - NAT - One-to-One.pdf



If you just purchased the Zyxel USG, call their tech support, You're entitled to support for 90 days. With your permission one the more advanced Zyxel techs should be able to remotely reconfigure your unit for you. Do not e-mail them I have never had satisfying support via e-mail. Phone support seem to be the only way they know how to communicate.
 
Last edited:
Electrofreak & Mackintire

1 to 1 NAT worked perfectly! Thanks!
 
Back
Top