• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mixing RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

manny1222

Gawd
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
732
Hi guys,
While doing an update/upgrade to my PC, I decided to go from 8gb (2x4gb) of ddr3 to 16gb. What I currently have in my system is Kingston's KHX1333C9D3B1K2/8G.
I was looking on ebay to try to match exactly but found and bought this KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8G instead for a cheaper price. I figure the system will run both at the lower clock which is perfectly fine by me. Now looking at the specs, I see the 1600 sticks run at 1.65v instead of the 1.5v of the 1333. Will this be an issue? Just realized I didn't even pay attention to their CAS timings.
 
Nevermind. I might have been looking at an updated/new release HyperX 1600 ram. I think they are both same voltage and timings
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top