A few years back I had a friend help me build a gaming rig, with this module as my jumping point:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/OCZ_EL_DDR_PC-3500
I was lucky enough to find a 2nd chip about a year later, but I had to buy from a retailer overseas - and now I can't even locate *anyone* who sells this product.
My motherboard is a Giga-Byte GA-8SQ800 Ultra2 (GA-SINXP1394), and I am running these chips in dual channel mode with pretty good success.
Now I am looking to add some more memory to my system (BF2, nuff said), but I am afraid to proceed with mixing up my modules for fear that it will cause problems in the machine. Is there some particular module of OCZ memory (or otherwise) that anyone could recommend that would play nicely with the existing RAM?
I'm looking to add either 512 or 1gb more to my current config.
Thanks in advance!
p222
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/OCZ_EL_DDR_PC-3500
I was lucky enough to find a 2nd chip about a year later, but I had to buy from a retailer overseas - and now I can't even locate *anyone* who sells this product.
My motherboard is a Giga-Byte GA-8SQ800 Ultra2 (GA-SINXP1394), and I am running these chips in dual channel mode with pretty good success.
Now I am looking to add some more memory to my system (BF2, nuff said), but I am afraid to proceed with mixing up my modules for fear that it will cause problems in the machine. Is there some particular module of OCZ memory (or otherwise) that anyone could recommend that would play nicely with the existing RAM?
I'm looking to add either 512 or 1gb more to my current config.
Thanks in advance!
p222