• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mixing FCOE, NAS, iSCSI?

lordsegan

Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
624
I currently run an openindiana nappit box that runs as a NAS. I am interested in playing with Mixing FCOE and iSCSI. Can I create partitions (wrong word?) and then serve those to other computers, or do I need a dedicated VM that is a fiber Channel or ISCSI server?
 
No problem, all is already included in Solaris or its free forks OI and OmniOS

You can create zvols (ZFS filesystems used as a a blockdevice, like a disk)
and share them via Comstar (FC, IB or iSCSI)

IB
I am currently working with Frank on integrating IB within the napp-it UI
(first steps in 0.9f4_dev)
Links and infos, see there

iSCSI
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1459/fnnop.html

FC
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1459/glddq.html

maybe I would think about moving to OmniOS as it is newer and better maintained
 
Back
Top