G'day all, I come here to seek help as I am to noobish to know what I am doing.
My microphone headset recently broke so I ventured out and bought a new set not realising that these ran off 3.5mm sockets rather than USB. The store wont exchange it as I have already opened it and it is in working order.
My problem is this, I use the microphone for voice communication (obviously) and I like the sound coming from others using microphones to come out the headset speakers, and all others sounds (e.g. Music, games etc.) to come out of my computer speakers, this hasnt been a problem until now, as both the headset and speakers run off a 3.5mm socket of which I only have one. Ok, so I went out and bought a splitter (adapter, 1 plug to 2) so now they can both be used.
However now I get both voices and music coming from both the speakers and the headset and It is driving me insane. So is there a way for me to mix (I use this term loosely as I am not very literate in this issue) my speakers so that the output from my voice communication program comes out the headset and nothing else, and all other sounds out of my speakers.
I thank you in advance for any assistance you provide.
Cheers, Clay.
My microphone headset recently broke so I ventured out and bought a new set not realising that these ran off 3.5mm sockets rather than USB. The store wont exchange it as I have already opened it and it is in working order.
My problem is this, I use the microphone for voice communication (obviously) and I like the sound coming from others using microphones to come out the headset speakers, and all others sounds (e.g. Music, games etc.) to come out of my computer speakers, this hasnt been a problem until now, as both the headset and speakers run off a 3.5mm socket of which I only have one. Ok, so I went out and bought a splitter (adapter, 1 plug to 2) so now they can both be used.
However now I get both voices and music coming from both the speakers and the headset and It is driving me insane. So is there a way for me to mix (I use this term loosely as I am not very literate in this issue) my speakers so that the output from my voice communication program comes out the headset and nothing else, and all other sounds out of my speakers.
I thank you in advance for any assistance you provide.
Cheers, Clay.