MixAMP Help

capnstabn

Gawd
I am going to start of by warning you guys, when it comes to audio, I'm not even close to [H]. Right now I am using AT AD700x/Asus DGX and I a looking to change things a bit. I have been gaming much more lately, the AD700Xs dig into my head a little, and I need to do something about it. Last night I ordered a pair of BeyerDynamic MMX300s (I want an attached mic) and I want some type of MixAmp. From the research I've done, it seems the Astro Gaming Mixamp Pro is a ton of value for the money. What do you guys think is the most bang for the buck Mixamp for someone who mostly just games?

I have a mixamp, but am really unsure why you'd want one for a PC where you already have a DGX and a nice headset like the MMX300's.

If you're plugging the MMX300's into that DGX there's no real way to make use of the Mixamp's primary feature, which is on the fly balancing between voice chat volume and game sound volume. Your PC won't split out the voice chat to a separate volume channel inside the mixamp the way the console setups do, so you won't be able to use the volume balance knob.

You can feed the mixamp all the audio from the PC and use its overall volume knob, but it won't let you balance between voice chat volume and game volume. It just doesn't work that way.

So from the other stuff I have read it seems a Mixamp provides extra power to the headset and some level of audio processing that may be an added benefit. If these things are negligible I'd be more than happy to just save the money. Thanks for the advice btw.

So from the other stuff I have read it seems a Mixamp provides extra power to the headset and some level of audio processing that may be an added benefit. If these things are negligible I'd be more than happy to just save the money. Thanks for the advice btw.

It gives you Dolby Headphone, but you can get that from your DGX. As the above poster said, you're basically paying $150 to have a volume knob on your desk ;)

Back