• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mix & match Koolance with DangerDen???

srg5150

n00b
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
9
Any thoughts on using two Koolance VID-NV2-L06 card coolers for SLI with a Danger Den RBX CPU Block in an DFI SLI-DR mobo? The only issue I see (and it may be more of a big deal than I realize) is reducing the 1/2" fittings on the RBX to 1/4" into the VGA blocks.

To clarify the parts I'm looking to use, it's going to be a primarily DangerDen setup but the low profile maze 4 GPU blocks just don't inspire me.

DD RBX CPU Block
DD D5 Pump
Black Ice Extreme II radiator
Tygon tubing
Koolance CHC-A05 chipset cooler
Previously mentioned Koolance GPU blocks

My rationale behind the RBX vs. the TDX is with the dual outputs I can go directly to the GPU blocks without an additional Y fitting. But now it looks like I'll need a reducer going into and out of the GPU blocks.

I've read the DD products like having high flow so my main goals are
1. Keep everything as efficient and cool with as much flow as possible and
2. Don't gunk anything up with different metals in the system.

Should I order the RBX with 3/8" fittings instead? How much will this limit CPU cooling?

Card Coolers: http://www.koolance.com/shop/produc...products_id=174


Thanks!

Steve
 
I believe this is the correct link for your cooler. Now as to whether it will work is unknown. When these Hydra-Pak coolers first came on the market I wanted to know if they would work with a high flow pump. I was told by Koolance that they didn't think it was a good idea as they were concerned that they were designed for their low flow systems of 1-2 liters/min.

I decided to take the risk with an A-C Aquastream (Eheim based 1046) pump. Since I haven't hooked it up and ran them yet I can't tell you. I suspect that even with a split line coming off your CPU cooler that it still may be too much. I would call Koolance and ask before you try it as if they burst I doubt they wil warranty them. :(

An alternative solution would be to use an Aqua Computer AquagraFX 6800 rev 2 cooler or a DD NV-68 cooler. The NV-68 is 3/8 native and the AquagraFX can be configured for 1/4, 5/16, or 3/8 tubing. The AquagraFX cooler also has the floating GPU sink so it can adjust to fit different cards that have varying heights of ram chips. The NV-68 is copper based and the AquagraFX is aluminum based. However, if you use AC Fluid it will eliminate any cross metal reactivity problems.
 
Back
Top