mITX GPU recommendations

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
i7-4770K
Currently on a 6950.
mITX board. ASUS Gene VI
SG10 case

I play on a 30" 2560x1600.

I only really play WoW/Guild Wars 2/FFX14.

Really just looking for a card that will let me have 60 FPS in MMOs and some olderish games like Hitman Absolution. Seems like right now AMD isn't that great on the high-end while NVIDIA seems to be kicking ass relatively speaking.

Was thinking of waiting for the 980TI Frozr version but not 100% sure if it's worth it due to my case.

Any thoughs?

Do you mean... Any GPU? Doesn't sound like you need an ITX / SFF GPU.

980Ti is definitely overkill. The most demanding game on your list would be FFXIV. I easily get 90-120 fps with a 980, so I would suggest a 970 for you. There are SFF 970s as well if you want something that would fit cases better.

Do you mean... Any GPU? Doesn't sound like you need an ITX / SFF GPU.

Agreed, OP's case basically fits any 2-slot card that isn't ridiculously long. On the other hand, if he's looking for a nice ITX form factor card, I can recommend Sapphire's ITX style R9-285 / R9-380 card. I've been consistently blown away by how great it performs at 1080 res. I suspect it would be ok at 1440/1600 in a lot of things. I upgraded to it from an R9-270x that just barely fit in the case that system is in, and the performance increase was fantastic.

Just my $0.02, purely anecdotal! :cool:

Get a 290/x or 970. I would suggest MSI for either side.

An alternative for MSI would be PowerColor PCS+ 290/x for the extraordinary cooling/noise ratio and EVGA 970 ACX 2.0+ cards for the outstanding customer service.

My system is mini-itx, and the GTX980 fits perfectly fine.

I was just thinking about suggesting the Fury Nano for a mITX build as well. But mostly, a non-reference 960 would serve your purposes for the first two, and would at least keep you above 30fps for the third while saving you some bank in the process.

As some have said, I would get R9 Nano. The card is short and should be a great bang for the buck. You can also use the space saved for cable management or jurry rigging a few HDDs and what not.

Nano has me intrigued but not sure on the price/performance advantage over a full size or a NVIDIA card. I suppose I can wait but then it's a never ending game ;)

Back