Mitsumi 7 in 1 Card Reader with Floppy Drive DOESN'T WORK!

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I recently purchased this Mitsumi 7 in 1 Card Reader with Floppy Drive on coolerguys.com.

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556059011.html

For some odd reason the floppy drive works great but when I plug in the USB part into the USB Headers it doesn't work. I searched all over the internet and it seems to be a very common problem... but nobody has really resolved this issue. Do anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running an Asus p4c800-e deluxe board with WinXP pro

Not to...not answer your question, but I've been wondering how practical these 7-in-1 card readers are. Does anyone actually use all seven types of media cards? I can see maybe one for a digital camera and possibly another kind for an mp3 player. Please enlighten me.

GJSNeptune said:
Not to...not answer your question, but I've been wondering how practical these 7-in-1 card readers are. Does anyone actually use all seven types of media cards? I can see maybe one for a digital camera and possibly another kind for an mp3 player. Please enlighten me.

Ever had a friend with a different type of memory-card than you want to give you some pics off his digital cam/music off mp3 etc... When @ your place/comp, and didn't have the cables?

Well, with a 7-in-1 card reader, you can get those pictures or songs or whatever. Yay.

And thats about it, you can read memory cards, for Palms, MP3 players, Digi-cams etc...

Without installing stuff for that piece of hardware. :D

I have the exact same card reader. When I plugged it into my USB headers it wouldent work either. I just got a USB cable and connected it to the back of the motherboard, and routed it through the case to the card reader. It doesent look too bad, and it works great. I only use 2 types of media, but you never know what you'll purchase next!

its possible the mobo headers are disabled by default in the BIOS
or by jumper on the board itself,
test the drive with a known working port,
then
figure out the internal config ;)

Almost all boards use a standard pinout for usb headers, but you might want to check to make sure that the data +/-, gnd, and power all line up between the usb cable and your motherboard.

HI,

I found that my FA404M had freyed wiring. After a lengthy Email discussion with Mitsumi telling me that it was the OS problem, I can now tell them otherwise. I hope this helps your quest for an answer.

Later,
Alan

Back