• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mitsu/NEC 930sb need calibration help

fububoyee

n00b
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
28
I just purchased two mitsubishi 930 sb and while everything looks great I have a problem seeing in the dark when playing counter-strike. the player models appear very dark in the tunnels and I can't determine whether they are CT or terrorists. If anyone plays CS here , I'd appreciate it if you can tell me what settings you are running (brightness/contrast) on your monitor and what settings in CS 1.6 (brightness/gamma) .. thanks
 
fububoyee said:
I just purchased two mitsubishi 930 sb and while everything looks great I have a problem seeing in the dark when playing counter-strike. the player models appear very dark in the tunnels and I can't determine whether they are CT or terrorists. If anyone plays CS here , I'd appreciate it if you can tell me what settings you are running (brightness/contrast) on your monitor and what settings in CS 1.6 (brightness/gamma) .. thanks
The calibration of your monitors had nothing to do with your problem. The problem is "FORCED GAMMA CORRECTION", that is a feature built-in to your vid card in 3D mode, it is on permanently despite the advertise "gamma corrected FSAA" with no off or disable control function, whether you wanted it or not, whether the graphic scenes needed it or not, just as "Brilinear" is forced on.

It is what idiotic graphic reviewers and idiotic fanbois ooh.. ahh... over when comparing screen shots for quality, they were too ignorant and too stupid to tell the contrasty differences of "gamma correction" from sharpness of "FSAA/Anisotropic".

"Gamma correction" traded quality by expanding mid-range tones, it made black more black and white more white. If you needed graphic quality discrimination in the upper or lower end ranges, you're screwed.

Gamma is a problem on all late ATI hardware, as it is always forced on, there's always a trade of one thing to another. If that trade happened to be matching your liking then no problem, if not then screwed you are. You will have to find your own way to break, overcome, re-compensate, or gamma re-corrected "gamma correction" for what you need. Not an easy job without losing even more graphic quality. If you adjust your monitor's gamma for 3D mode, 2D mode is another "gamma correction" story.

If proper gamma is what you really wanted rather than the idiotic mantra sold to stupid fools -> "gamma corrected FSAA", buy an nVIDIA card and save yourself the hassle.
 
Back
Top