Missing metadata for .WTV files

Thall860

Weaksauce
We recently moved into a new house and with it canceled cable and sold the HDhomerun Prime. I still have the OTA HDhomerun tuner on the network.

I am guessing somewhere during the time of removing the tuner from my system screwed up all the metadata on my recorded shows. I am using a windows 7 Ultimate dedicated HTPC with a Windows Home server 2011 archiving all of my shows.

I had ~250 episodes of Modern Marvels for example and with losing all the data I no longer know what episode it is but it is a big mess on the recorded TV display. Most of the shows now have the title of the file not the show name and information.

Is there any ways I can get this back on the system so everything looks like it should again?

The easiest thing to check is to right click, properties on the wtv file, and go to the details tab. If there is no metadata there, then yes, you are doomed, as the metadata lives within the wtv file as part of the container format. The other thing could be, is that all the files are DRM-encrusted and you broke the DRM code on your machine which is rendering the files useless.

You didn't happen to have Time Warner Cable, did you?

I checked a lot of them and they all have data in the background, even the ones that would have been recorded with the HD tuner.

It was actually Charter cable

Back