• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Missing HD Space, constant restart to get back?

Kristoffer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
287
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My disk has been constantly slowly running out of space, to the point of 0mb. It takes a few hours for 20gb+ of data to be eaten. The only way I can get it all back is restarting my computer. I've tried to search my computer for any file that would be the size of 20gb+ because that is about how much space I would have left if it didn't keep getting eaten and I haven't found anything, I've spent countless hours manualy searching to where this space is going and haven't been able to find anything. I'm pretty sure the source of it is a p2p type program I'm using, but I'm not even downloading anything to the hard drive, everything is being downloaded to external hard drives. No trace of the file is on my main disk at all, it's all going to my external hard drives. Another similar situation is to be downloading large files with the program Flashget, same situation though, everything is being downloaded to external hard drives YET the space on my main drive will be all gone if I leave it running, tried to search everywhere for any instance of a modified file on this date and I've yet to come up with anything even close to relating to such large files like those which I'm apparently getting on my disk somewhere. I'm wondering if there's any type of program or log which I could use to see the data flow of my hard drive/s, to see what and where all this data is going to on my hard drive because it's getting so rediculious, or if anyone knows some type of solution I'm definitely keen to hear it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the external hard drives/files being transfered because i've never had a problem like this before, they're connecting using USB 2.0 if it matters. Appreciate any help.
 
Back
Top