Missing Credit with Langouste?

bowlinra

Limp Gawd
I would appear, I didn't receive any credit for a P8101 WU on 11/7. I've been running for months with no changes and the rig has been up and running non stop for the past 50+ days. Credit was received for WUs before and after.

I opened a thread on FAH support forum and provide the FAHlog.txt and Langouste log for the WU. Everything appears successful from what I'm seeing. I was told Langouste was third party, non supported and basically they don't have a record of the returning WU.

Am I missing something in the process? Is there another log to check? Is there a chance it still sitting on my box? Should I expect better help from FAH forum or credit? Or should I get over it, it's just one WU and let it go?

Thoughts?

Link for my FAH Forum thread:
Project: 8101 (Run 20, Clone 8, Gen 41) - No Credit

Langouste's activity is orthogonal to symptoms you've observed. Bruce is just looking for an excuse or otherwise has no clue what happened. Commented in the FF accordingly.

just count it as a lost unit. if you are still receiving points for WU's right now i wouldn't worry to much about it. even if it was still on your system after 2 days its pretty much worth nothing.

Last edited:
I have had a WU go MIA before and I am using langouste. Turns out it was a bad WU rejected by the server. Is you look at the logs in the /tmp directory you can see that. Since the fah client does not handle the tranmission of the completed WU, it will not display any issues with the WU after completing the last frame.

Bowlinra

I have been experiencing trouble on same server as you 128.143.231.201 (bigadv work server)

Especially, I get a 10002: Received short response, expected 272 bytes, got 23 that is usually a symptom malfunction (last time I get one when I was running SMP, Stanford actually identified and corrected an issue on the server)

I opened a thread in FF forum : http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22938

I would not waste your time with that Folding Forum thread. They kept telling bowlinra to contact the author of langouste, who had responded in thread haha. I am surprised that they don't know tear by now.

I do have issue on same server as bowlinra with v 7.2.9 without langouste, that's why I opened a thread on the server issue section.

My point was that, as pointed out by tear, it may not be a langouste issue but a server issue, and that, if server issue is confirmed, bowlinra does deserve support.

... as you, I am surprised they do not know tear by now :)

They know tear they just are not exceptionally bright when it comes to issues. It is easier to say you are using something that is not supported than to waste there precious time to investigate. They have forgotten that the servers have had this issue before, It is hard to say at this time though whether the issue is on Stanford's end or the users end but they should investigate and see if it is happening to others rather than give the response they have given.

Back