Missing components gigabyte rx 460

King Z

n00b
I bought a dead gigabyte RX 460 4GB
1 cap and I think 1 resistor is missing but I don't know the value of these components can someone tell me values?
Missing C21, MR1028.
k-2.jpg
k-3.jpg

You might want to check for a schematic at badcaps.net and ask in /GPURepair on Reddit. More than likely someone there will have an idea of what you need.

You might want to check for a schematic at badcaps.net and ask in /GPURepair on Reddit. More than likely someone there will have an idea of what you need.
ok thanks bro i will try to find but if someone can send link that would be great

Follow the traces back to whatever IC they connect to and then look at the datasheet; that will give you some clues. Note that in most of those cases, you're missing the pad, and not just the component. You'll need to repair the pads before you attempt to solder anything on there.

Also, you need hot air and flux.

Follow the traces back to whatever IC they connect to and then look at the datasheet; that will give you some clues. Note that in most of those cases, you're missing the pad, and not just the component. You'll need to repair the pads before you attempt to solder anything on there.

Also, you need hot air and flux.
yes bro i can't see traces with my current mobile phone camera that's why i ordered hdmi microscope on aliexpress hope they will send soon

That card has been heavily fucked with, there are probe scratches all over and several caps have been bodged on and off at least once (C1450 C938 and C1455), which also look to also be the wrong size.

The missing components have clearly been ripped off the board with significant force, there are literal craters where the pads used to be. That's not at all fixable because there's nothing left to solder to. If you try, you risk connecting inner layers of the board to places where they shouldn't connect to. To even attempt to repair that, you'd have to map the surface traces and then carve the PCB away layer by layer, while documenting every trace down to the end of the crater. That's a ton of work for an ancient video card that isn't even worth all that much.

Someone has been in there before you, and there's no telling what other carnage they caused. That card is a basket case. I doubt it is ever going to be repairable, hopefully you didn't pay too much for it. About the only value it has is for parts to fix other cards, and practice doing board level SMT soldering.

Back