Missed out last gen, what to play?

Technoob

Supreme [H]ardness
So I find myself with a 60gig ps3 and I want to play some of the great games from the last gen that I missed out on on the ps2.

So far I'm interested in:

Shadow of the colossus
God of war 1,2

Help a brother out. I don't really enjoy sports games or turn based jrpg type games.

Also, if you could buy like...2 ps3 games to hold you over for a while, what would you pick?
I'm thinking warhawk and MGS4.

Yeah, God of War and SoTC should see you right. Other possibilities:

Ico, Twisted Metal, Devil May Cry, Ratchet & Clank, Okami.

Well play GoW 1&2 first and foremost then I would say Uncharted & MGS4
I wasn't initially interested in Uncharted but when you come to the ship and the waterfall level you'll be hooked until it's over, trust me.

Glad to see you got the PS3 working;)

Warhawk is good but Uncharted is better, but warhawk has multiplayer so....

If you plan on playing MGS4, I recommend that you play the prior games as well since MGS4 makes quite a few references to the older games.

Agreed. I am soon to get my hands on a PS3 and i am already playing MGS substance (great series so far :D)

If you like RPG, don't miss FFX, FFX-2 & kingdom hearts 1 & 2.

a metal gear solid collection was jjust released with the first 3 playsation games on it. Seems like a great buy for ps2 if you havn't played them.

Devil May Cry 1, Devil May Cry 3, Hotshots Golf, Okami, Ico, Shadows of the Collosus, God of War 1, God of War 2, Dragonquest VIII, Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Price of Persia Trilogy, Grand Theft Auto 3 Trilogy (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas), Final Fantasy X, Final Fantaxy XII, Psychonauts, Ratchet & Clank games, Sly Cooper games, Jak and Daxter games, Viewtiful Joe, Katamari Damacy, We <3 Katamari

2 PS3 games to hold me over? Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted. The multiplayer experience you get from Warhawk is equaled in my opinion with Metal Gear Online.

If you have remotely any interest in driving games, substitute out Uncharted for Burnout Paradise. Burnout Paradise is seriously the bargain of the century right now @ $30 retail. It's getting patched THIS MONTH with a bunch more content including weather, daylight/nighttime, and MOTORCYCLES. Not only that, but more content is still on the way in the form of whole new areas.

Also, pre-order LittleBigPlanet. Do it. Now. Do it twice for both in-game bonus characters.

I wouldn't worry so much about getting them both. Someone will have copied them by the end of the first day the game is released.

Yeah, i never really got the point of ordering for a "special character" when in the same breath they tout how you can create anything and do anything.

Back