Mirror's Edge With PhysX

Nice use of cloth, but i really miss more GAMEPLAY physcis...I am so tired of *bling-bling* effects physics...give that to console kiddies...

EDIT:
I like the visual style of the game though...

I think that windows being shot around you as you're running could be considered more gameplay then eyecandy. I think that's the kind of stuff to make the emersion level go way up (it gives a higher sense of urgency to keep moving as glass is breaking just behind you).

Also, not sure if you saw... but the consoles get left out on this.

And yes I'm waiting for gameplay changes things too... just enjoying what we get until the tech takes off.

I think that windows being shot around you as you're running could be considered more gameplay then eyecandy. I think that's the kind of stuff to make the emersion level go way up (it gives a higher sense of urgency to keep moving as glass is breaking just behind you).

Does the glass hurt/impact you?

Also, not sure if you saw... but the consoles get left out on this.
Left out?

And yes I'm waiting for gameplay changes things too... just enjoying what we get until the tech takes off.
Same here, so tired of "OMGZZXS i need 30" and tripple SLY, to do NOTHING to my gameplay...but is has looks*

Does the glass hurt/impact you?

Probably not, but thats just a guess. I was looking at a "rush" factor of the game. Hearing bullets hit close to you can make you feel rushed... seeing broken glass fly just missing you should be better.

Left out?

From the article it sounds like the PhysX effects shown will only be on the PC.

And it appears that GeForce 8 owners will be left out in the cold. Only 9800GTX+ and up support PhysX according to the trailer.

Time to get that GTX280 at tax time! :p

Only 9800GTX+ and up support PhysX according to the trailer.
Every CUDA-enabled card will accelerate the PhysX GPU stuff. The performance is another matter, of course.

From the live Q&A IRC chat with NVIDA and DICE:http://on-mirrors-edge.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2316
in regards to the PhysX side - you'll experience the best settings with a GTX260, or higher, for all the goodies. We're recommending a 9800GTX for a min spec. [for highest details]

Back