mirror's edge, buy or rent?

Dome

2[H]4U
i'm playing the demo and am intrigued, how's the whole game hold up?

my buddy that lives down the room from me. i watched him play most of the game and he beat the story in about 4-5 hours at tops. its definately a rent, good for a play but don't buy it

I rented it, but then again, that's me. I was in the same boat as you when I saw this game. Great concept and all. The story is what made me glad I didn't buy it. The shock and awe of playing it though the first few levels was well worth it but it got tedious and predictable a few chapters later. That or just plain ridiculous. While there is some replay value in the game like time trials, finding briefcases, and other miscellaneous achievements/trophies, it wasn't enough to convince me to be a "must have game". Every gamer is different. Try it first and if you like it, buy it!:D:D

Rent it for sure. I made the mistake of buying it because of all the hype. After 4 days I was sick of it and haven't played it since.

Rent it for sure. I made the mistake of buying it because of all the hype. After 4 days I was sick of it and haven't played it since.

from what i have been reading your not the only one who feels this way, for me after playing the demo i knew this game was not going to be worth my money. the concept is cool, and the looks are really nice but the game just felt like it had no depth.

The time trials that you unlock add some longevity to the game. Competing with friends to shave milliseconds off your times can be fun. There's also new time trial levels coming out next month. They're far more abstract and interesting looking than what's included in the game, so that might convince some to keep it as well.

to be more clear, it's more of a question of should i rent soon or buy later (when the price drops a bit)

It's a short game but very well done. If you're the type to "collect", you could do worse than buying this game, but I'd definitely wait for a price cut.

I typed a long response yesterday but there were database errors so I couldn't post it.

I of course will say buy. The game is so much fun. If you are listening to the game length by others know that it varies by player. Some here are saying it took them 4hrs and others have taken 8hrs or more. The levels are very large but the point of the game is to get through them as quickly as possible. I would much rather have a 6hr game with 6hrs of awesome vs a 20hr game with 6hrs of awesome...but thats just me.

Besides the single player, you can look at the time trials to play against people online or speed runs of the level. DLC is coming out which IMO looks awesome.

I am in full support of this game and I hope more people buy it as I would love to see DICE expand on it in sequels. It is a shame that we keep getting the same recycled experiences but never support new and fresh ones.

rent it and if you like it buy it :) the DLC content does increase the life span of the game somewhat if you are into that.

The SP side of the game will keep you going for a week max unless your a rinse and repeat type of gamer then you may be hooked on just running about everywhere then buy it.

Buy it and support the developers if you want a sequel :)

EA has more or less confirmed a sequel to Mirror's Edge despite it's poor sales (even though they proclaimed that it would reach the 3 million mark -- not even close. :rolleyes:).

i bought it, and i love it. i can understand how some people think it's too short, but i'm not regretting it at all. i been doing time trials and playing through the game getting achievements, i haven't even played the speed runs yet.

i wish you could free run through the city (like spiderman) in between missions. the speed runs and time trials could be incorporated into the whole world.

Back