Mirror incremental changes from one USB drive to another

OldM3ta

[H]ard|Gawd
What's a good way to create a system that mirrors incremental changes (adds/deletes/modifies) of one of my USB drives to another drive of the exact same size?

I don't want to clone the drive for 12 hours each night, only keep up with what has changed on one of the USB drives.

are you going to be only making changes to one drive, and want them reflected on the other drive?

What operating system are you using?

SyncToy is what you're looking for. It will allow you to create sync relations ships and you can either initiate them manually, make an icon to launch a specific sync, or schedule a task to sync at certain times of days.

Should be good with any version of Windows.

are you going to be only making changes to one drive, and want them reflected on the other drive? What operating system are you using?

That's right. I will be making changes to just one drive and wanting them to reflect on the other. Windows 7 Home Premium.

SyncToy is what you're looking for. It will allow you to create sync relations ships and you can either initiate them manually, make an icon to launch a specific sync, or schedule a task to sync at certain times of days. Should be good with any version of Windows.

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

*Update* That worked great! Exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited:
There's also a program called unison that is similar to SyncToy

Back