Mining ROI or Profitability

With the -40's it's tempting to buy hardware and get in but guessing it's REALLY not worth it anymore. I regret not getting in earlier. Would be nice to have a furnace that also prints money. But guess sticking to gas heat is still cheaper than building bit coin miners. :p

If I had disposable income I'd take a chance buying a couple ASIC beast machines but those are so hit and miss.

What happened to DRK over the last two days? This chart implies there were no trades for 48 hours, then when trading resumed, it was at a very significant markup.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/drk/btc/poloniex/10-days

There were trades throughout that whole time period on other exchanges. InstantX released for one, large buy walls that have been moved up from .006 to at one point .012 (currently sitting at .01). InstantX is the prime reason with 4 second tx's.

Why would this one market not trade at all for more than two days? How can people possisbly trust such a commodity?

Why would this one market not trade at all for more than two days? How can people possisbly trust such a commodity?

Who the hell knows... Poloneix isn't the largest exchange DRK trades on. Could have been down for maintenance on their wallet. If you're just focused on one exchange's volume (or lack thereof), you're missing out on other exchanges that continued trading and increasing in price during that time period (Cryptsy, Bitfinex, Bter among the ones with the highest transacted volume). One exchange that isn't the sole market for DRK has no barring on trust factor. That's like saying some smaller exchange that normally transacts around $100 of coin a day to influence your trust decision if for some reason their site goes without any volume. Further, if this is of some kind of concern, why not contact Poloneix directly as they would know best instead of relying on some third party website that may or may not have had issues on their own end in terms of presenting data.

I'm not focused on the volume; I'm focused on liquidity. If the market was moving 50 or 75% and I just couldn't trade, I'd have a huge loss. This kind of thing doesn't happen in stable markets.

Last edited:
I'm not focused on the volume; I'm focused on liquidity. If the market was moving 50 or 75% and I just couldn't trade, I'd have a huge loss. This kind of thing doesn't happen in stable markets.

lol, no crypto is "stable". Even bitcoin remains volatile.

I'm not talking about pricing volatility; I'm talking about the market being open and available to execute trades.

I'm not talking about pricing volatility; I'm talking about the market being open and available to execute trades.

Then don't even venture outside of BTC/LTC if all you care about is liquidity.

As for DRK's market being open and available to execute trades, it was... on other exchanges. Might even have been on Polo. You're using a third party website to check without first consulting Polo.

hit 300 on coinbase today. I'm not sure what the driver is, the only significant news I've seen is the US Marshals selling off some of Ross Ulbrichts stolen bitcoins

Back