Mining rig results (MH/s) down by 60%

Operations

n00b
I have got a mining rig with 5x AMD 570 running Windows 10.

I am using claymore v11.8 to mine ETH. Normally i would get around 142 MH/s, now i am only getting 64 MH/s. (eth-eu1.nanopool.org)

I have installed the newest AMD Adrenaline drivers. Temp on the GPU's is fine, same as it has been for months.

I haven't changed anything, this rig has being running for months and now out of nowhere the MH/s drops 60%.

Any ideas?

I’m not a crypto expert, but isn’t the algorithm for hashing supposed to get more difficult over time?

I don’t know if that affects the MH/sec though.

Definitely sounds like your rig has issues.

Are you running custom ram straps for those 570s?

I had issues when updated drivers, I had to stick with I think 15.2 or something was the fastest hash rates. Anything later reduced speeds.or had issues running. Also, make sure the difficulty hasn't been changed, but if your using a pool your difficulty should be the same still unless the pool changed target difficulty levels.

atp1916, do you mean manual memory settings? The answer is no, i haven't overclocked the cards. They do run a special BIOS, i cannot remember which one has been a while....

I forgot to set the driver to compute, after doing that i am hitting 79 MH/s so better but still not close to the 140+.

I am pretty novice when it comes to mining, is this still a good way to mine? I mean with a pool, mining ETH etc. ?

Cards are running 1411MHZ/2000MHZ (GPU/MEM Clock) which is normal right?
I noticed that GPU1 is hitting 28 MH/s (which is normal) the rest is only getting 12 MH/s.

Last edited:
Ok, so no custom ram straps. 1411/2000 should be fine.

12mhs is definitely not right, for sure. Even the worst optimized 570s are gonna pull 20mhs+.

Really think it's drivers. Have you done a clean scrub of things with DDUR (display driver uninstaller) and Device Cleanup Tool?

atp1916,

I haven't done a clean install of the newest adrenaline drivers. I could try that, but like i said my GPU1 is getting 20+ MH/s. If it is a driver issue shouldnt GPU1 also be getting about 12 MH/s? Isn't strange that one card is getting a good result?

Like i said of course i am willing to scrub the driver and clean install the adrenaline driver, but i don't think this will fix the problem. Do you?

Back