Minimum system for Vista?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
I have the beta and CD-key (legal, I have MSDN). What kind of system do I need to put this on? I have systems ranging from Dual P2 all the way up to Pentium 4s, including laptops and stuff. What are the minimum system requirements to run this?

I remember reading that M$ recommends at least 512 mb or ram. They said 256 will work, but 512 is better.

I forgot the rest, sorry. But if you type in m$ vista in google the articles will pop up from m$

i have it running just fine on my gateway laptop with

1.3 Celeron-M
512mb pc2700ddr
40gb 5200 rpm hd
32mb on board video

it runs nice and smooth with no problems

If they set the minimum requrements as retardedly low as the did for XP it will be something like:

450mhz P3 or equivilant
128MB RAM
5GB hard drive required (minimum 1.9GB free space)
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

The minimum requirements and realistic requirements are quite different. I would imagine any computer that was custom built in the last 3 years will run Vista just fine with most eyecandy turned on (the rest limited by unsupported video options).

Of course this is just speculation until MS releases the actual details.

So here's what I don't understand. Isn't Vista supposed to be 64bit only? Yet it seems like there are at least 32 and 64bit versions, if not only 32. I have EM64T, I don't want to mess around with 32bit os's... :(

Back