Minimum specs in VX2025?

j3ffry

n00b
Joined
May 17, 2006
Messages
24
HI guys!!!

Just new here and it's really a nice forum! ;)

I just wanted to ask since I've just ordered a Viewsonic VX2025 yesterday, if my current specs would run or do just fine with this baby. :confused:

Here's my specs:

Motherboard: ECS 915p-1
Processor: Intel p4 lga775 2.8 oc'd to 3.2
Memory: 1gb Kingston ram
VideoCard: Inno3d 6600 pci-e
PSU: Task 450w

I'll be going to play NBALIVE 2006, Doom3 resurrection of evil, HL2, Warcraft, CS Condition Zero, LOTR, NFS MostWanted...

Need advise, if I can play these games in my current set-up. Since I can't upgrade anymore my video card due to I have spent my money in the LCD :mad: :p

Thanks and more power!
 
The 6600 won't be enough to run most of those games in native resolution.

If however, it is a 6600gt you might be able to run some of the older games with min details.
 
You likely won't be able to play many games at the native resolution ( I have that monitor with a 6600GT), but it scales nicely.

I play most games at 1280x800 or 1024x768 and it still looks great.
 
I am going to get this monitor also. Would I be able to run HL2, FEAR(medium settings, soft shadows off lol...I have heard those can kill your framerate), WoW, Age of Empires 3, Battlefield 2, etc. Would these games run at Native resolution(I dont really mind if I have to play at medium settings with some games) with these specs:

AMD Athlon X2 3800+
1 Gig Ram
250GB 7200rpm hardrive
and most importantly lol
ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT OC(which one of these cards would be better?)

Thanks.
 
Lord Rahl said:
Battlefield 2
just re: BF2-- you'll probably want to avoid trying to run it in native (it doesn't have support for widescreen displays because d1ce feels it's a niche market anyway) but the tweaks to make it run in WS make the game look really terrible, imo. you'd be better using monitor scaling in your driver CP and running in 1024x768 or 1280x1024
 
So I won't enjoy iy that much until i've upgraded my VideoCard... :(

How about the proc? would it be just fine?

thanks for the replies guys!
 
Your processor is okay, its really just about a powerful enough video card. Of course processor upgrades never hurt.
 
JohnleMVP said:
Your processor is okay, its really just about a powerful enough video card. Of course processor upgrades never hurt.

thanks dude! I'm leaning towards 7600gt. Would it be a good upgrade? What you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
 
Back
Top