Minimum req. for IPcop?

Would this be adequate to run ipcop?

compaq dp2000
pentium 1 200mhz
64mb ram
2 ISA 10mbps nics
3.2gb hdd

Or is that pushing it?

Yep. That should run it fine. IPCop's limitations are general Linux limitations. The minimum is something like a 486 processor. Depending on you load, your setup should be fine for home use.

I could grab a 400mhz k6 off ebay for around $15. Would it really make a difference though?

I'm on cable right now (like 5mbps/768kb?) Would 200mhz slow that down at all? I'm loving my ~500kb/s dl rates :)

Korialstrasza said:
I could grab a 400mhz k6 off ebay for around $15. Would it really make a difference though?

I'm on cable right now (like 5mbps/768kb?) Would 200mhz slow that down at all? I'm loving my ~500kb/s dl rates :)

All depends on how many roles you are going to have the box performing.

Only ipcop. No mail/web servers of any kind. Those will be on other boxes behind the ipcop firewall.

Would the ISA 10 Mbps NICs be able to handle my cable downloads? It's supposed to be about 1.25mbps, and I only get around 500KBps dls. So they should be able to handle it fine right?

Korialstrasza said:
Would the ISA 10 Mbps NICs be able to handle my cable downloads? It's supposed to be about 1.25mbps, and I only get around 500KBps dls. So they should be able to handle it fine right?

Without breaking a sweat

Back