Minimum core volt when OC 5820k ?

justbenice

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I'v tried to OC my 5820k in the last few days, and the lowest core volt i can set is 1.16volt when OC to 4373Mhz ( 125x35) and RAM at 3000Mhz .

2015e250ae34-eb30-427b-9764-d6608b27132f.jpeg

My cooling is air cooling so i did not dare to OC much, it have been pass most of test like cinebench, real bench, intelburn..etc

I wonder if i can lower the core volt to keep the cpu cooler ?

I'm not exactly sure what answer do you expect. Lower the voltage and test. You'd already know it in the time you wrote this post.

Nobody can tell you over the internet what is the lowest voltage your system will be stable on. Even if there is precedent for much lower voltages yours might not run on that voltage and the other way around too.

The low volt limit should be around where it idles, probably like 0.900 or something. You'll never reach that stable and I have my doubts that you're stable even at the voltage you have now (or the voltage is not being read correctly/LLC is boosting it a lot while under load).

hi Ligtasm, i got your card today, it look like new !

About that 1.16 Vcore. I don't know if LLC boosting alot or not because i set everything to auto . I only adjust the strap at 125, muiltiplier at 35 , vcore at 1.16, vcin at 1.9, vram at 1.35 . ram speed at 3000Mhz .
I don't think the volt is not being read correctly because my mainboard have lastest bios and it was MSI X99S Gaming 9 ACK.
I am using BeQuite HSF, it just very silent but was not a really good HSF for OC, so i don't stress my CPU much, just run some test like AIDA64 stability test, cinebench, asus realbench, intel burn..etc
stablytest_zpsy0nvoqrd.png

I played alot of game and working in this computer for that last 2 days and it prety stable :)
I think i have good cpu or msi x99s gaming 9 is great motherboard.

the frequency also plays a large role for heat even when keeping volts at a given value.
When I lower my input voltage (around 1.85V by default on the asus RVE) it does help keep temps lower.

the frequency also plays a large role for heat even when keeping volts at a given value.
When I lower my input voltage (around 1.85V by default on the asus RVE) it does help keep temps lower.

My CPU temp decrease from maximum 85C to 80C if i change core volt from 1.22 to 1.16 . It help alot !

Back