Minimal PAM install?

unhappy_mage

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2005
Hey guys,
What is the minimum set of files required to get PAM working? I'm building an embedded environment (as always) and need sudo working. Which in turn needs PAM. I can't find documentation anywhere on the minimal set of files needed to get this going. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Why not take a look at a working PAM installation, and then make notes about the files it uses. Then, inspect each file and do research on each file to determine what each file does. Also, see what options you need to compile PAM with at a bare minimum, as this obviously determines how much configuration and the number of config. files required.

I have been looking at my Gentoo box for inspiration all along, but haven't found the magic key yet. I copied a whole bunch of files over to the test machine, but still no luck.

Looking at the build configuration options isn't a bad idea, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

I believe you can use qpkg from the gentoolkit package to see what files a package installs. I don't have my gentoo box avaialbale to me right now but take a look at it.

Back