miniG5ized

orgasmic, best casemod i've ever seen. (and i've seen many in my life) it looks not oversized. its stylistic and sexy! :eek:

Ooooooooo Baby!
Fan dopping the big bombs over here!

Damn! This thing is shaping up to be muy bonita!
SHeesh, I blink my eyes... take my eyes off this mod for a few days... and look what you done!

Excellent work bro!
Excellent, excellent work....
2 big ass thumbs up!
:eek:

Fanatik said:
IMG_1703.jpg

+5 Hotness
:eek: :eek:

Absolutely awesome. I think you are doing great work with this. Like everyone else, I had reservations when you cut it up, but it's turning out to be much better than the original. Keep up the good work. (y)

Amazing looking casemod, looking forward to seeing its completion - keep up the good work :)

i dont like the piece of metal on the front that much. but thats just me :p

everything else is totally awesome ;)

snefan said:
i dont like the piece of metal on the front that much. but thats just me :p

everything else is totally awesome ;)

Agree... but hey is just MHO too :)

Ummm... I got side tracked. Sorry.

I spent the whole day today polishing that G4 cube. Freaking awesome. I just had to see how it looked polished. Don`t worry thats all I wanted to do. Next update will be a G5 one.

Before the sanding and buffing. Note that little circle on the side. Its not really metal. I`m going to have to find a way to cover it up later. I just removed it.
IMG_1706.jpg

Done.
IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

TOO SEXY!!!!Wow, I mean i thought the cube was sexy orginally but this just....wow...wow...wow.....and the G5..........*faints*

:eek: That cube case is hot as a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very hot volcano. And as for the other one......it's even hotter than that....hot like the sun, I reckon. :)

First off..that is a uber badass case! I have to say that I am now sleep deprived because I had to read the rest of the log! I also want one of those little cube macs so I can put ion a Via mobo and such and have one badass file server :cool: I do avhe to admit I don't like the design on the front...but its not my case. Do as you wish! :D

Damn dude, that is some excellent work.

When I first started reading your thread and saw that you were using a Dremel scroll saw, I gotta admit, I laughed. You see, Im a woodworker (for 20 years now) and to "us", dremel's tools are wayyyyy over priced and well, not all that great for woodworkin. So, you can imagine my thoughts as to you using such a product. However, I must admit, you've used your Dremel in a damn professional manner. Kudos!!! I guess Dremel found their nitch in the market..........COMPUTER MODDERS!!!!

So, as I see it, we can have some business going on. You mod the cases, Ill build the desks they sit on/in. HEHE!!!!! I build in the olde fashioned way of woodworkin, all joinery, NO NAILS, NO SCREWS. <---its a petpeve...

Wished I had the know-how to do case moddin.

Your doin an excellent job, cant believe youve spent soooo much time on it. I cant wait to see it finished....

Peace.....

Back on topic. I got the mobo lighting done. I`m going to light it the same way as the front. Its just frosted plexi with blue leds.

Here is the plexi cut and epoxied in place. It was also sprayed it to give it that frosted look.
IMG_1730.jpg

Now here it is lit up. Don`t mind the scratches. The spray got scuffed up when I was wiring and soldering all the leds in place. Its a mess back there. Hot glue and wires everywhere. I just need to respray it and it`ll look fine.
IMG_1737.jpg

With the PC lit up in the back. They look good together.
IMG_1736.jpg

That looks pretty smooth there bud. I can't wait to see it in person some time. Totally smooth.

Damn. I still think you should get ahold of someone who can show you how to weld the four sides together.

Very nice though.

Sorry for the lack of updates but last week I was fighting a cold. Even made me miss a lan party. Freaking sucked staying home. :( I`ve been also designing a mobo cover on Illustrator to match the back of the mobo tray. It`ll be lit up and frosted like the back of the mobo cover. Sorry I can`t really tell you when I`ll have another update. Austin Modders has a meeting/lan this weekend. Hopefully by next week I`ll get a chance to work on it.

ratbird said:
bump part II

:( are you alive and ok mr fanatik?
Yup I am. :D Sorry guys been too busy this last month. Sorry but I can't tell you when my next update will be. Right now I'm trying to get a hold of a sandblaster to redo the frosting on the panels. That spray paint isn't very permanent. It scratches off real easy and I don't like it.

Till next time guys. Thanx for the interest and hopefully my next update will make up for the lack of them this month.

Fanatik said:
. Right now I'm trying to get a hold of a sandblaster to redo the frosting on the panels. That spray paint isn't very permanent. It scratches off real easy and I don't like it.

Hehe, I actually used your method of frosting with spray. I found some stuff actually designed to be a glass frosting coat. I'm working on a G5 project as well at the moment. You've got some great ideas in this one. I've been following for a while. Keep it up!

Targ24, how was that frost on spray? I saw that at michaels or some hobby store. Is it durable and won't scratch off?

Sheldog23 said:
Why not just sand them to matte?

hey if not I got a sandblaster at work.

Sheldog, I don't like creating a frost look with sandpaper. I don't like the way it looks. With sandblasting you get this very nice texture and better looking light dispersion. Thanx for the offer sheldog but I just bought a mini sandblaster from ebay last night. I needed something small and this badger kit was perfect. Its made for etching glass so it should work fine for plexi but if it doesn't turn out well I'll hit you up on that offer. Thanx man. Btw what happened to our forums? Kind of sucks not having them.

Fanatik said:
T

Sheldog, I don't like creating a frost look with sandpaper. I don't like the way it looks. With sandblasting you get this very nice texture and better looking light dispersion. Thanx for the offer sheldog but I just bought a mini sandblaster from ebay last night. I needed something small and this badger kit was perfect. Its made for etching glass so it should work fine for plexi but if it doesn't turn out well I'll hit you up on that offer. Thanx man. Btw what happened to our forums? Kind of sucks not having them.
Not sure. Zaps outa town and he has all the contact info. Hopefully he has checked it and is on it.

Glad to hear about the mini-sandblaster. Thats basically what we have. Did it come with the sand?

Sheldog23 said:
Not sure. Zaps outa town and he has all the contact info. Hopefully he has checked it and is on it.

Glad to hear about the mini-sandblaster. Thats basically what we have. Did it come with the sand?

yea it did. hopefully next week i'll get it.

Back