• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Minidisc question...

tek538

n00b
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
55
Does anyone here have any experiance with the newer Sony Hi-MD disc and playback of mp3s? As I understand it, the newer Minidisc players can be recognized as an external hd (1gb) and dragging and dropping of any type of file can be stored on it, but when it comes to mp3s you cant drag and drop and expect playback. I'm curious because I read something about Sonys Minidisc software being able to transfer mp3s but only after wrapping them in DRA, which completely sucks... Does anyone have any experiance with this?

I dont own a Minidisc player, I'm just surprised(well, not really) that Sony would put such crippling limitations on a format that could be so much better, almost like beating a dead horse, just not with a big enough stick...
 
They are removing some of the restrictions. But it's a case of too little, too late. The very latest, highest-end (bar the ill-advised camera-HiMD) unit, due out in a couple of months, basically removes all restrictions but it's still not a 'drag & drop' approach, rather the Sonicstage-loaded way as in other Sony equipment.
 
Back
Top