mtl_hed

Limp Gawd
My new case is in and I love it. Just wanted to share some photos of it:

hpim0043.jpg

hpim0048.jpg

HPIM0050.jpg
\
Digi cam question:
Anybody have trouble taking pics of your case with UV CCFLs on? If you look at the pics the one with the UVs on is blurry as hell.

Shoud I adjust the ISO speed? EV correction? etc.

Camera is a HP Photosmart 945. I know its not the greatest, but I got it WAY cheap. Otherwise I would have a G5 or digital rebel.

You may want to make the pics a wee bit smaller. 2Mb is an awfully long time, even on my DSL.

Nice case! How loud are they?

That is a huge picture. It look me like 2 mins to load it on my cable. Awesome case, isn't it kinda loud? Does it need all of those fans if you are water cooling? Why don't you call it "Unusually Oversized case".

Originally posted by MasiveMunkey
That is a huge picture. It look me like 2 mins to load it on my cable. Awesome case, isn't it kinda loud? Does it need all of those fans if you are water cooling? Why don't you call it "Unusually Oversized case".

Fixed the pics, sorry.

Its not THAT big, 18"x18"x18". If you live in St. Louis, you'll see me at LANs with it. Look for the skinny white dude with the gi-normous black case. lol.

wow, thats a schweet lookin' case man but I dont think you have enough fans. :D

seriously, I like it. :)

Originally posted by ozziegn
but I dont think you have enough fans. :D

lol, actually at least one more will be going in for the southbridge when I get unlazy an put a heatsink on there.

Between the fans on the DPS and in the PSU I have 15. Still quiet as can be though with the vantec nexus turned all the way down(5v).

When i'm taking pics of bright lights my lcd on the cam gets like blue lines but only from the direct light, I haven't had a problem, it can't focus well i think when the light is so bright/dark so close.

Ohh, I forgot to mention. I destroyed my PSU because of the power draw of the fans and everything else. I have to type this on my work PC b/c of it.

Send some suggestions on a new PSU. The old one is a Truepower430 and I think I am going to use a Truepower550 to replace it unless you guys come up with something better for the price.

Hope the PSU didn't take anything else with it.

Originally posted by Aknosis
When i'm taking pics of bright lights my lcd on the cam gets like blue lines but only from the direct light, I haven't had a problem, it can't focus well i think when the light is so bright/dark so close.

I tried using auto and manual focus. And ISO 100 through 400. Neither seemed to have any affect.

thats a sweet case - did you build from scratch?

i think i can hear all the fans from here!

Using a tripod will fix your problem, otherwise use a table or something to keep the camera steady, the problem is that your very slightly moving the camera while its making the pic. TRIPOD IT UP. yo..dog. yeah.

Originally posted by tuyhon
your going Water Cooled and yet you still need like 15 fans?

I don't need all the fans, but with the controller its quieter than most air setups. All my fans run at 5v so the whole case just has a low hum, not much louder than my 1260 Eheim by itself.

Originally posted by mtl_hed
Ohh, I forgot to mention. I destroyed my PSU because of the power draw of the fans and everything else. I have to type this on my work PC b/c of it.

Send some suggestions on a new PSU. The old one is a Truepower430 and I think I am going to use a Truepower550 to replace it unless you guys come up with something better for the price.

Hope the PSU didn't take anything else with it.

well crap, it's not my PSU. Its my mobo. I have all of the hardware on a retail Intel board right now. It works just fine ubt I can't OC it till I get a new board.

I am sending the board back to newegg so they will probably just send me back one of the same model(hopefully a rev 2). If they don't however; I want to get a different board as I am not that impressed with the OC ability of it.

Any suggestions? Price really doesn't matter cause this board still costs $200+.

I say you name it "shit-stealing assgoblin EX + alpha turbo redux version 2.5 revision C mark 20"

THEN make a decal of the name.

Originally posted by Grammar Nazi
I say you name it "shit-stealing assgoblin EX + alpha turbo redux version 2.5 revision C mark 20"

THEN make a decal of the name.

lol.

Or I could have one of the windows etched with that. Might confuse the crap out of people when they come over and try to say it 5 times fast.

For a power supply get the PC Power and Cooling 510 deluxe. That is the top one hands down. You could also get an enermax or an antec though.:D

looks good.

hmmm...you are sitting in a dark room when that box gets fired up -- nothing but blue light burning out your retinas and massive fan noise that studders your thought processes.

I'd call it Flashbang.

:p

I'd say get a dedicated 12v power supply for all those fans, definately. PS-RagE did that in the Tower of RagE(iirc). I think overloading your 12v rail would be a bad thing... as can be witnessed by the death of your last PSU.

Back