mini-P180

Zoogle

Gawd
Another microATX case that may be coming at some point. Since I love my P180 so much, I'm tempted to get my hands on one of these when it's released. 3x120mm and 1x200mm mounts in an SFF? Crazy...

link

Looks like a better effort than the aria / nsk1300... may be too big for my tastes tho.

I will reserve my opinion until the actual dimensions are released.

Yeah, its a shame they didn't mention actual dimensions. Many will SFF lovers will probably consider it too big and the ATX users wont like it because its too small or uses mATX. However if the mobo manufacturers start making mATX boards that are good overclockers we might see more ATX users switch over to using smaller boxes like the J08 and this new Mini-180. I'm one such person that wants alot of what the ATX world offers in a smaller box.

HMMMMMMM

I love my current P180, this might just be tempting enough for me. I will have to see the dimensions since I do like the MX6 as well.

really nice looking case

Although, I think its true it too big to be SFF, and to small to win over hearts of ATX users.

Now, if my house ever gets done being built I will have an office and will be building a quad core rig for it, I will consider a more "fuller" case than the cubes I have come to love. The mini p180 might make a good home for it.

Good show Antec.

that thing's HUGE!!!!!!!!!

mini? It's what, maybe 2 inches shorter than a P180, and maybe 2 inches less deep, same width. that's no SFF...that's a mid-tower! lol

Looks to be in the same size range as the Lian Li PC-A05. That is not an SFF anyway you slice it.

Its cute though, and I like it.

It's been said before- this is NOT an SFF.

It's the WORST of both worlds- it is the size of a full-size ATX tower, but it looks so cluttered internally that it only takes SFF/mATX boards. Come on Antec, don't throw this hackjob at us. :mad:

It's been said before- this is NOT an SFF.

It's the WORST of both worlds- it is the size of a full-size ATX tower, but it looks so cluttered internally that it only takes SFF/mATX boards. Come on Antec, don't throw this hackjob at us. :mad:

No shit. If it could accomodate a full ATX mobo like the Super Lanboy (PLEASE make another Lanboy Antec!), it would've been perfect. As it is, however, the NSK3480 is the much better choice for mATX users.

although its not the traditional SFF (all small and whatnot) i really like this case, i never owned a p180 but i hear good things from it, hopefully everything from the p-180 pans well with the mini

Seems to be out now. Its not that small: 17.1" x 8.3" x 17.2"

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article810-page1.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129041

Model
Brand Antec
Model Mini P180
Spec
Type MicroATX Mini Tower
Color Black
Case Material Steel
With Power Supply No
Power Supply No
Motherboard Compatibility MicroATX
With Side Panel Window No
Expansion
External 5.25" Drive Bays 3
Internal 3.5" Drive Bays 5
Expansion Slots 4
Front Ports
Front Ports USB, Audio. e-SATA
Cooling System
120mm Fans 1 x 120mm rear fan
Physical Spec
Dimensions 17.1" x 8.3" x 17.2"
Weight 20.9 lbs.

Hello All,

My first post on here....has anyone bought/built into one of these? I ask because I need to downsize my Lian Li G70 based rig to something which is less space hungry. It's a toss up between this and a PC-A05B.

Heyelp!! :)

I might be able to help with some pics...

I did mod the inside somewhat. If anyone is familair with the antecs, they use two drive cages. One uses sleds while one just screws them in sideways. I wanted to use the sleds in the top hdd cage space, but the cages are not interchangable. I modded the sled hdd cage to go into the top space and be rotated 90 degrees for easier hdd removal

tndsc00293jg9.jpg

tndsc00294og1.jpg

tndsc00296ht2.jpg

tndsc00301ks1.jpg

tndsc00302pb7.jpg

When I first saw pics. of the Mini P180, I thought it was just ugly and way too big, but I've been looking at the white one and I'm kinda liking it now. Thinking about ditching my silver SG03 for the white Mini P180. Once all cables are routed, it looks so clean inside. The SG03 is a nightmare when it comes to tidying up the wiring.

I'm going to be building a system (all new parts, nothing leftover from an old build) in the next few months and have pretty much decided to get the white Mini P180 for it. It's going to go in the living room, so I want something nice, clean and quiet, but that can still hold a lot of what I need.

I'm going SFF (yeah, I know the Mini P180 isn't exactly small) because I don't need heaps of slots. I did a build in a Lanbox Lite for my fiance a few months ago and while that case was nice, it's too cramped inside and looks a bit cluttered with the extra PSU wires. I want something that'll let me do a super-clean build, but still have room for what I need.

I just wish the case was cheaper where I live (Japan). The white case goes for $99.99 on newegg, but it'll cost me about $170 here. :(

To anyone w/ a Mini P180:

The Mini P180 has a front eSATA port. Now, is the cable connected to that port also an eSATA cable (I-shaped connector that you'd connect to an eSATA port on the back of a motherboard) or is it a standard SATA cable (L-shaped connector that you'd connect to a standard SATA port on the motherboard)?

I was at Fry's yesterday and took a quick glance at that cable attached to the back of the front panel's eSATA port and I think it had an I-shaped instead of L-shaped connector.

If that cable really is an I-shaped connector, how are we supposed to connect that front panel eSATA port to our motherboard if our motherboard doesn't have an eSATA port on the back?

My mini-P180 arrives today but my Tuniq doesn't arrive until tomorrow. :(

Interesting... So some of them have I-shaped and some of them have L-shaped connectors. I got mine and it has an L-shaped connector. The display model I looked at in Fry's had an I-shaped connector.

Back