Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Does anyone know what the output voltage of the mini jack is on a laptop? It is a dell laptop with the NeoMagic MagicMedia256 chip. I've searched google and could not find anything.
haha, I used to take EVERYTHING apart when I was younger, and yes that thought did cross my mind but I am at college currrently so I don't have access to a multimeter at the moment. I was just curious if someone knew about what one would be, I would assume it is somewhat standard. All I essentially need to know is if it is less than 1 volt or not.
If your school is anything like mine, just walk into one of the EE labs and use one of their DMMs. Though you will probably want to get a mini jack with some wires safer then jaming the probes into your laptop.
One thing to remember, you will need to play a sine wave test tone to test the voltage output. Also make sure you have all volume controlls at full volume.