Mini-ITX Cluster PSU

antoniohawk

Limp Gawd
I've got two of [these] motherboards and I want to cluster them up and either fold or make it a BT server. The only problem is that I don't have power supplies for them and I was wondering what you guys suggest. I guess that it matters a lot on if I use it as a server and need all of those hdds, but I'm thinking that I can just use one of the AT psus that I have lying around. The main objective of this little project is to spend minimal money.

what processor?
do the boards have a 4pin power connector? in addition to the 20 pin?

Ice Czar said:
what processor?
do the boards have a 4pin power connector? in addition to the 20 pin?

That proc is a via chip like the ones that run the mini-itx via boards. The 1200+ is via way of saying they suck. That 800 mhz chip runs like a 400 to 500 p3 at best but is good beacuse they run very cool(for the preformance they better). As far as power supplys go you can pick up matx power supplys dirt cheap but another option is making or buying one of these.

http://www.micer.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=453056250&ref=pricewatch

You can run 2 boards of a atx power supply. I've made these before and used them on rendering boxes.

what I was attempting to verify is that they are using the +5V rail to power the CPU
which seems very likely

are those VIA Cyrix III's?
http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

if we can start to determine some draws on the baseline components we can look at a few storage senerios a given supply would handle

a few older FSP v1.2 v1.3 supplies would likely be both cheap and applicable to the crossload

I bet they are the eden procs and they are really slow folders. My Efficeon slaughters them like a one armed man in a knife fight and the Efficeon isn't the best either.

They have the VIA C3 Samuel2 processor but I'm not sure if it's the 1.9V or 2.0V version. Thanks for the insight so far guys. I know that these mobos suck, but I might as well make use of them if they are just gonna be sittin' around.

Those sparkles ought to work and sure are cheap but sparkle makes good stuff.

Back