• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mini-ITX case that can also take a 7900GT?

nray

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
316
So I picked up a Commell LV-677 motherboard, a Core 2 Duo processor, and a Morex Venus 668B Case only to find out that the internal case frame totally interferes with the ability to use a standard size video card in the inner slot (and the LV-677 only has one slot in the inner position, so I can't use the outer, unobstructed slot space at all).

It's a pity because otherwise I really like the case (and no, I'm not going to dremel the internal frame).

I've searched high and low, and can't find any Mini-ITX cases that have the space for a 7900GT other than some 1U rackmounts, and I have big noise concerns with rackmount cases (and I'd have to deal with a PCIe x16 riser card as well). Does anyone know of anything else? I'm looking for something small for taking to LAN events and such.

Right now the best runner-up I can find is the Antec NSK1300 (and I almost feel like I should have just bought a AOpen i945GTm-VHL, MSI 945GT Speedster-A4R, or ASUS N4L-VM DH board from the start rather than the LV-677 if I end up getting a Micro-ATX case... bleh...)
 
To follow up to my own post, I went into Micro Center tonight, and I checked out the cases and SFF systems there, and I noticed that the AOpen XC Cube systems actually appear to be Mini-ITX compliant... that is, the motherboard mounts seemed to be in the right places, and it had a standard (replacable) port cover in back, so I should (I think) be able to put the Commell LV-677 motherboard in one. (Anyone with an AOpen XC Cube care to chime in?)

Considering the cheapest AOpen XC Cube (the EX661L) is only $135, it's actually pretty affordable (I only need to sell the AOpen motherboard for $40 for it to cost about the same as the NSK1300).
 
Not bad. I saw the post earlier but I have zero experience with ITX cases :/.
 
Back
Top