mini BTX eta?

joecartoon22

Weaksauce
im thinking of building a sff but heard that on the horizon big changes are coming. my pc now will definately hold me over for anoth year. was wondering when was the eta of the mini btx boards with pci express?

it probably won't be until early 2005 that you'll see enthusiats BTX boards, OEMs might adopt it earlier. in an intel paper they themselves stated they were aiming at 20% market for BTX boards at the end of 2004 and workstations/enthusiats' rigs to remain ATX solutions until mid 2005.
so if you're planning on upgrading and need a small solution don't bother waiting for generic pico BTX cases but go for any SFF solution... at least that's what i'd do ;)

Also of note is that at Computex, Shuttle was showing they're next gen SFF and a picoBTX box. The SFF was still noticeably smaller than the picoBTX.

definitely - i mean look at the BTX specs. EVERYTHING became bigger! full size BTX board are bigger than ATX boards, microBTX bigger than mATX and picoBTX gigger than SFF boxes are. way to go... not! :(

Isn't BTX a moot point for SFF.

Shuttle XPCs already have a non-conventional form factor which is _already designed_ to cool components.

Back