Minecraft lag with 770

PCunicorn

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm getting anywhere from 20 FPS to 55 with my GTX 770 on Minecraft. It makes no sense at all, this GPU can max out Crysis 3 with a similar frame rate. It's all of a sudden, to. Originally, I was constantly getting 500FPS without VSync. I got so agitated, I even reinstalled Windows, but it didn't help. It did for a little, then after a couple minecraft launches, it's back to 40FPS average. Any help is appreciated. BTW, I am not getting these terrible frames with any other game.

Does this low framerate occur in all worlds and servers or only a select few? Are you running mods? Also, is Max Framerate/Performance set to Unlimited in the game's video settings?

I don't "do" minecraft anymore, but when I did, I remember having to install a multitude of mods to improve the performance of that horrible horrible engine it has. I believe there is a mod for more/better memory addressing, an open GL mod (both visuals and performance), and couple other misc ones ( that are usually server specific due to potential for cheating with them) that help as well.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this game run on CPU entirely?

Yes. The game is heavily CPU dependant. So if you can, overclock your CPU, the GPU does nothing here. Unless there is something else dragging the performance down you should notice a good increase.

Did you guys read his post? He said he was getting 500 fps, and now all of a sudden he's not. I was going to suggest a virus or something, but you say you re installed windows... Do you have multiple drives?

Is minecraft still using about 1,000,000 tiny files? Might be on to something with the drives question.

Also, 64bit java?

Back