Minecraft Building Ideas?

i checked it out yesterday and could not figure out why everyone is all excited for this game....

If other people are telling you what to build, that kind of takes away from the point of the game. Get creative. But do it yourself.

If other people are telling you what to build, that kind of takes away from the point of the game. Get creative. But do it yourself.

You run out of ideas see and when you run out of ideas you get board and when you get board you don't want to play anymore and I still want to play minecraft!

On my server, I've an ongoing project of connecting every village via a massive rail system.

I've been working on it with four other friends. At the moment, our map covers roughly an area of 18 km x 18 km. And, there are about 12 villages. (I will have to recount that later.)

I've only connected five of those villages. I have a long way to go. So, a rail system may not be a bad idea for a long term project in Minecraft.

On my server, I've an ongoing project of connecting every village via a massive rail system.

I've been working on it with four other friends. At the moment, our map covers roughly an area of 18 km x 18 km. And, there are about 12 villages. (I will have to recount that later.)

I've only connected five of those villages. I have a long way to go. So, a rail system may not be a bad idea for a long term project in Minecraft.

Maybe it's just me, but a rail system seems a little boring...

Depends, if you take the time to make it more like a real rail system, with supports, nice bridges, proper tunnels. You can make it look pretty nice.

I'm currently running a modded server that industrializes minecraft.

Industrialcraft 2, Buildcraft, Forestry, RedPower2 things like that. Adds engines, machines, pumps, drills, pipes, electricity.

It really opens up the possibilities of how you can play the game.

Could create a legitimate city, power plant, power lines, plumbing, factories.

1 friend build a solar farm, 1 went with bio fuels, I build a nuclear reactor. Each has it's pros and cons.

i checked it out yesterday and could not figure out why everyone is all excited for this game....

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't see the fun value in this.. but I can see why people would enjoy it. Just not for me.

As for the other poster. Looking at other examples inspires ideas. If you're trying to copy exactly.. then I see your point.

Few of my Minecraft creations. For the most part I just start building and see where it ends up. I've got my own texture set that fits my build style, roughly based on Blade Runner.

11makhu.jpg

156zuw7.jpg

2qu52yo.jpg

build a launch arcology from sim city 2000, but to scale. :)

Maybe it's just me, but a rail system seems a little boring...

Depends, if you take the time to make it more like a real rail system, with supports, nice bridges, proper tunnels. You can make it look pretty nice.

I'm currently running a modded server that industrializes minecraft.

Industrialcraft 2, Buildcraft, Forestry, RedPower2 things like that. Adds engines, machines, pumps, drills, pipes, electricity.

It really opens up the possibilities of how you can play the game.

Could create a legitimate city, power plant, power lines, plumbing, factories.

1 friend build a solar farm, 1 went with bio fuels, I build a nuclear reactor. Each has it's pros and cons.

We are sprucing up the villages and minecart stations at every village. We already have a capital city on our map which I'm planning on remodeling again. All the rail tracks will be lit up rails connecting each village.

Currently, we're using Bukkit so I'm not sure how some other server mods not made for Bukkit will work on it. Bukkit was a necessity to get that real time map add-on working-- DynMap.

We're hoping to fill in the unexplored areas before the 1.3 update and get a good majority of the villages connected by rail before then. With five people total on the server having to cover and explore 324 square km. is a daunting task right now because whenever we thought we've found all the villages, we end up finding more in the unexplored areas. And, those villages will have to be connected, walled up, lit up and fixed. So many villages were in bad condition-- flooded, over trenches, cut in half, pot-holed, etc.

We are sprucing up the villages and minecart stations at every village. We already have a capital city on our map which I'm planning on remodeling again. All the rail tracks will be lit up rails connecting each village.

Currently, we're using Bukkit so I'm not sure how some other server mods not made for Bukkit will work on it. Bukkit was a necessity to get that real time map add-on working-- DynMap.

We're hoping to fill in the unexplored areas before the 1.3 update and get a good majority of the villages connected by rail before then. With five people total on the server having to cover and explore 324 square km. is a daunting task right now because whenever we thought we've found all the villages, we end up finding more in the unexplored areas. And, those villages will have to be connected, walled up, lit up and fixed. So many villages were in bad condition-- flooded, over trenches, cut in half, pot-holed, etc.

Exactly the reason I'm running a Tekkit server. It uses bukkit and there is a team that has ported all the mods over to bukkit from vanilla. I can use all the awesome of vanilla quality mods, and a lot of the stuff from bukkit like DynMap, worldguard, and so on.

Because it really isnt a "game", but more like a toy or a box of tech-legos. With a survival game around it. :D

Let your imagination and inner child (or engineer, you can do some crazy devices/shit with wires and repeaters) free. If you cant, then minecraft may not be for you.

Back