• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Millisecond Coherence in a Superconducting Qubit

erek

8=D
2FA
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
18,294
Interesting 🧐

“Improving control over physical qubits is a crucial component of quantum computing research. Here we report a superconducting fluxonium qubit with uncorrected coherence time T∗2=1.48±0.13  ms, exceeding the state of the art for transmons by an order of magnitude. The average gate fidelity was benchmarked at 0.99991(1). Notably, even in the millisecond range, the coherence time is limited by material absorption and could be further improved with a more rigorous fabrication. Our demonstration may be useful for suppressing errors in the next generation quantum processors.”

1688634533373.jpeg

Source: https://www.sciencealert.com/fluxon...-for-1-43-milliseconds-10x-longer-than-before
 
I'm sure the smartest amongst us...which sadly appears to not be me....will read the above and be suitably impressed, perplexed or skeptical. However, when I read this: "superconducting fluxonium qubit with uncorrected coherence time", all I get is this:
0*YoBLbb_KfzblZPws.jpg


IMPORTANT UPDATE: I thought on this more, and now I'm also getting some of this...
a606257feabc61f3f9d1652a196bd5d3.png
 
Back
Top