Military Times Names Intel A ‘Best for Vets’ Employer

HardOCP News

[H] News
For the third year in a row, Intel was recognized among the best employers for veterans and their families on Military Times Best for Vets: Employers 2016 list. The ranking focuses on corporate culture and policies that cater to vets and evaluates key factors that make a company a good fit for military veterans and spouses, including recruitment, benefits and efforts to connect with veterans. For more information about Intel’s work with veterans, please visit the Careers for Military page.

Where's the outrage that Intel is hiring veterans instead of other people with better qualifications?

Where's the outrage that Intel is hiring veterans instead of other people with better qualifications?

Won't find it because you are trying to compare apples to persimmons. Not the same thing in the least.

Do I sense a tongue-in-cheek jab at affirmative action? If so, then I applaud you and humbly hand you the key to the internets.

Won't find it because you are trying to compare apples to persimmons. Not the same thing in the least.

So it's not possible to hire an unqualified vet because he/she is a vet? Don't get me wrong, I tend to support helping vets because of their service. But favoritism doesn't have be race or gender based. It can be due to any characteristic.

I wasn't aware Intel was required by law to hire a certain number of veterans.

Why would any group be unqualified to work for Intel?

I should have quoted evilsofa, that was not directed at you.

I do feel we need to re-examine what we consider as qualified for jobs. It's getting to the point of lunacy.

More specifically with Intel I can tell you they really target Navy ET's and NUC ET's that are leaving service. I was offered an interview with them myself but one of the req's was moving the the pheonix area. I was not interested in that..

Back